Reasons I should have my US citizenship revoked... (Read 945 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

• I've never watched American Idol • I vote (which makes me pretty un-American, sadly enough) • I think smaller cars > big cars/SUVs • manual > automatic • am not overweight (at least not anymore...though I could still stand to lose a few and am working on it the right way, rather than taking a pill) • would love a small (ie <1500 sq. ft.), well-designed house with efficient use of space and storage, rather than a large one (heh, i hate housework) • i don't get the appeal of oprah (though i do think she's a good person and does the most good with the resources at her fingertips) or most daytime talk shows i'm sure i'll think of more reasons i should probably be deported...what are yours? k sq.="" ft.),="" well-designed="" house="" with="" efficient="" use="" of="" space="" and="" storage,="" rather="" than="" a="" large="" one="" (heh,="" i="" hate="" housework)="" •="" i="" don't="" get="" the="" appeal="" of="" oprah="" (though="" i="" do="" think="" she's="" a="" good="" person="" and="" does="" the="" most="" good="" with="" the="" resources="" at="" her="" fingertips)="" or="" most="" daytime="" talk="" shows="" i'm="" sure="" i'll="" think="" of="" more="" reasons="" i="" should="" probably="" be="" deported...what="" are="" yours?="" k=""></1500 sq. ft.), well-designed house with efficient use of space and storage, rather than a large one (heh, i hate housework) • i don't get the appeal of oprah (though i do think she's a good person and does the most good with the resources at her fingertips) or most daytime talk shows i'm sure i'll think of more reasons i should probably be deported...what are yours? k >

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Duh, how did I forget this one... • American cheese is not allowed in my house. Period. Vile, unnatural substance.

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

OK at the risk of being spit on... 1) I don't like football 2) I don't like Budweiser 3) I won't go into Walmart (we don't have one...yet) 4) I love my small <1200 sf home for family of 4. 5) i think everyone should be able to go to college if they want to. 6) don't watch tv 7) have one pair of dress shoes and 3 pairs of functional running shoes. sf="" home="" for="" family="" of="" 4.="" 5)="" i="" think="" everyone="" should="" be="" able="" to="" go="" to="" college="" if="" they="" want="" to.="" 6)="" don't="" watch="" tv="" 7)="" have="" one="" pair="" of="" dress="" shoes="" and="" 3="" pairs="" of="" functional="" running="" shoes.=""></1200 sf home for family of 4. 5) i think everyone should be able to go to college if they want to. 6) don't watch tv 7) have one pair of dress shoes and 3 pairs of functional running shoes. >
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        RunningHammer

• I've never watched American Idol • I vote (which makes me pretty un-American, sadly enough) • I think smaller cars > big cars/SUVs • manual > automatic • am not overweight (at least not anymore...though I could still stand to lose a few and am working on it the right way, rather than taking a pill) • would love a small (ie <1500 sq.="" ft.),="" well-designed="" house="" with="" efficient="" use="" of="" space="" and="" storage,="" rather="" than="" a="" large="" one="" (heh,="" i="" hate="" housework)="" •="" i="" don't="" get="" the="" appeal="" of="" oprah="" (though="" i="" do="" think="" she's="" a="" good="" person="" and="" does="" the="" most="" good="" with="" the="" resources="" at="" her="" fingertips)="" or="" most="" daytime="" talk="" shows="" i'm="" sure="" i'll="" think="" of="" more="" reasons="" i="" should="" probably="" be="" deported...what="" are="" yours?=""></1500>
          Actually kirsten most of those make you sound more British than American....didn't you spend some time here once? Our way of life must have rubbed off on you!! Wink Here's what i think: big wooden house > small brick one (i'd love to come and live in one of those big American houses with a bit of land!) bicycle > small car > big car manual > automatic i vote pointlessly, it's always a 2 horse race here (democracy rules) off button > daytime tv
            All of the above plus: I don't eat processed foods. I would rather read a book than watch TV. I take keen interest in international affairs. I would rather go hiking than spend a day in the mall. Oh, I forgot, I wasn't born in the US... so I guess I can be excused for being different.Then it's funny, here in my birth country I am different also and you know what, it feels great. I think we grow through being exposed to differences. So don't revoke your citizenship but shine as a great example of healthy, fit Americans. Those Europeans would be surprised to see how many of us there are. Ewa
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OK at the risk of being spit on... 1) I don't like football 2) I don't like Budweiser 3) I won't go into Walmart (we don't have one...yet) 4) I love my small <1200 sf="" home="" for="" family="" of="" 4.="" 5)="" i="" think="" everyone="" should="" be="" able="" to="" go="" to="" college="" if="" they="" want="" to.="" 6)="" don't="" watch="" tv="" 7)="" have="" one="" pair="" of="" dress="" shoes="" and="" 3="" pairs="" of="" functional="" running=""></1200>
              Hey, that sounds a lot like me...Walmart gives me the heebs, too. And does ANYONE like Bud? Really? I'm the same with shoes. I have a couple of pairs of really good clogs that I wear with just about everything, my running shoes, and I avoid wearing dress shoes at all costs. Davey, I did spend time in the UK and I know some of that rubbed-off on me--especially the car thing. Which reminds me... WRC > NASCrap Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

While getting ready for work this morning, I heard on the news that some town in Cape Cod here in MA wanted to give legal immigrants (people with green cards) the right to vote. I hadn't heard about this issue until then. Obviously, both sides are up in arms about it. After thinking about it, I think it's a good idea. I mean, didn't the Revolutionary War started by something about taxation without representation? The proponents added that these folks would be more diligent about voting than us Americans (disclosure: I vote in every election).
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The proponents added that these folks would be more diligent about voting than us Americans (disclosure: I vote in every election).
                  I think it's a good idea! I also think that people not born in the US should have the right to run for president as long as they are legal citizens. I really like our MI governer, but she was born in Canada, so she is disqualified from holding office in the White House. Of course, that would also mean that the governator could run, so I'm not 100% sold on the idea.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom, sounds like you should just move to Massachusetts. Although the rest of the country, particularly those Red States, (or is it the other way around?) does not consider us part of the US, we actually have all the rights and privileges of other US citizens.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I think I would love MA! Boston has always seemed like a cool city (awesome aquarium!), you have fresh seafood, and better weather than we have. Hubby has been so annoyed by his job of late and occasionally looks around at what else might be out there, but most of his searches stay right in this area. I keep trying to convince him to look outside MI...partly because there's not a lot job-wise for me in this area. Unemployment in MI is about the highest in the nation. Plus, if we left the Midwest I could get further away from my MIL--BONUS! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

The only downside would be the major sticker shock if you start looking at houses around here...tradeoffs, tradeoffs.

Runners run

*I don't own a computer- I spend enough time on one at work. *I don't own a car and I rarely take the t- I'll leave my house 2 hours before a hair appt which is a 30 minute t ride away just so I can walk there. I walk EVERYWHERE. *I watch MAYBE a total of an hour of tv a day- and it's the news, and it's while I'm at the gym, so i can get the weather for the day and decide what to wear. *I hate meat and all kinds of cheese and I really, really hate beer. *I haven't had a soda in 5 years, McDonald's/BK/Wendy's/etc in 3 years. *I do vote, but only when I know enough about the candidates to make a decision. It is my opinon that voting should be write-in or spoken only. I hate the fact that anyone off the street and check the name of the person who has the nicest name or is in the right party. Minimum qualification for voting should not be citizenship, it should be knowledge of who is running and a basic understanding of what they stand for. (And as an aside- I have yet to actually have my vote mean anything. I have never found a candidate with decent morals and ethics which I would feel comfortable voting for. Every vote I have cast has been a write in- for myself. I think I could do a much better job Big grin)
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The only downside would be the major sticker shock if you start looking at houses around here...tradeoffs, tradeoffs.
                            Yeah, but average incomes are probably quite a bit higher, right? k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I keep trying to convince him to look outside MI...partly because there's not a lot job-wise for me in this area. Unemployment in MI is about the highest in the nation. Plus, if we left the Midwest I could get further away from my MIL--BONUS! Big grin k
                              Lots of great suburbs, not much snow...just sayin'

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've only been to Dallas once, but I really liked the area. I'd love to move down there! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay