8,000 miles (Read 894 times)

Old, Slow, Happy

i started running in May of 2004. I noticed today that I have logged over 8,000 miles. I was 50 years old when I started. I weighed 295 lbs in January 2004. Now I weigh 200. Isn't it amazing what exercise and intelligent eating can do for you? My best race so far is a 10 miler in about 1:21:30.
      Congratulations on your miles and weight loss! It only gets better, doesn't it!?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Richard, that is an awesome accomplishment--in terms of the mileage and the weight loss. You have dropped a small person! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

congrats! that' pretty darn impressive!

Jennifer mm#1231

Congratulations - that is a lot of work.
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job, Richard! It's cool you've kept it up for so long. I hope I can do the same!
                I recall you posted in an "am I ready for a marathon" thread, and I clicked on your log. I was floored by your consistency Richard, and I believe that is the single most important element in marathon readiness. I hope you get your knee issues squared away quickly, so that you can continue racking up the miles in such an impressive fashion.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

IMKY13 finish!!

I was 50 years old when I started. I weighed 295 lbs in January 2004. Now I weigh 200.
                  Since you have lost so much weight (CONGRATS!!), you should change your screen name from "Large Richard" to "Little Richard" or "Fast Richard"

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Well done!
                    MM# 1477
                      Congrats, Richard - that's some impressive achievements since you started running Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

Old, Slow, Happy

Thanks everyone!!! This site is so great at helping a guy feel good.
                        Since you have lost so much weight (CONGRATS!!), you should change your screen name from "Large Richard" to "Little Richard" or "Fast Richard"
                        I don't think I'm fast enough for Fast Richard and Little Richard has some interesting side connotations. I'll stick with Large Richard for now. If I ever get to 185 lbs, I'll think about changing.
                        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

wow amazing! congrats!
                            -Jen
                            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Old Running Guy!

i started running in May of 2004. I noticed today that I have logged over 8,000 miles. I was 50 years old when I started. I weighed 295 lbs in January 2004. Now I weigh 200. Isn't it amazing what exercise and intelligent eating can do for you? My best race so far is a 10 miler in about 1:21:30.
                              SmileGreat job Richard it's amazing what you can do if stick at it consistently. I was 491/2 when I started running in 1993 and as of today i've logged 17,500 miles. I run 6 days a week, summer and winter. The hottest day I ran on was 94 F and the coldest was -22 C. I ran Baston in 1994 but I am having my best year ever this year after my buddy and I did low HR training last winter and the winter before. I have run over 1700 once in a year and this year I should go over 1500 for the second time. Keep at it Richard, you're doing great. Harold Stevenson

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
                              Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run