Hall of Fame to ND Marathon (Read 877 times)

db7

Well, I have the first one behind me. I finished and enjoyed most of the race. I didnt make my goal time but its OK. Very humid day and pretty warm. I think it got the best of me. Overall a great day and grea first marathon. Notre Dame stadium has got to be the greatest finish anywhere. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Checked your log. Where is it? WTG, by the way. Sounds like a great finish, but need more info. Yes

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

db7

just got it posted, sunburstraces.org for all the details DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Well, I have the first one behind me. DB
          So there WILL be a next one. Great. Train hard and get under 4. You CAN do it!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

db7

thanks, i will think more about it in a month or so DB

I'd wait till Fall/Winter or Spring. That's what I'm considering. Cool is Good! and faster!

Ricky

Notre Dame stadium has got to be the greatest finish anywhere.
                I might be biased since it's my alma mater, but I have to agree. That would be an AMAZING place to finish! Congrats!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG--kudos to anyone running a marathon in this weather! I don't think I would do anything much longer than a 10 or 15k until Fall. Heat is icky! You will definitely be even faster and stronger in cooler temps. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

nemo1

Hey, I was there running too. Congratulations. It was also my first and the heat got to me, but I'm glad you finished. Smile

Prophet!

I'd wait till Fall/Winter or Spring. That's what I'm considering. Cool is Good! and faster!
                      what is this cool ? or fall/winter or spring ? you mean there are other conditions other than hot and humid ? Way to go on finishing and enjoying your first marathon DB..
                      db7

thanks everyone, the finish really was worth all the work DB

From one first to another; congratulations on your Marathon! Feels great, doesn't it. Still riding the high!
                            Congrats man on finishing your first marathon-running a sub-11 min pace is excellent, considering how bad the temp and humidity was at Sunburst this year. I oughta know....I ran it too......it was my most miserable one of the 8 marathons/7 states I have done since May 05......Again, kudos and best of luck with your next marathon(oh yeah, this is the most addictive and masochistic thing you will ever love Cool Roll eyes Big grin)
                            "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race.........'
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Notre Dame stadium has got to be the greatest finish anywhere.
                              Well, it's not bad for a little 80,000 seater. I bet it would be even more cool to finish a race in the place that ND Stadium was modeled after. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

db7

Well, it's not bad for a little 80,000 seater. I bet it would be even more cool to finish a race in the place that ND Stadium was modeled after. Wink
                                Well, maybe if it were really cool you could finish a small local race there. For a 10,000 student university, not too bad for 80,000 seater. GO BLUE........and gold. DB