consistency (Read 1079 times)

Without planning it or trying, I ran 147.1 miles in Feb and again in March.......now how is that for being consistent.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Nice work. Looks like the miles were a bit quicker in Feb though....Wink
      mikeymike

Not to bum you out but March had 3 more days than Feb so you actually slacked off a little. Wink

Runners run

Not to bum you out but March had 3 more days than Feb so you actually slacked off a little. Wink
          I actually thought of that --- but didnt say anything --- your hard to trick Mikey..... Your right........guess I'm not that consistent after all.....I'll work on it in April.....

C-R

buzzkill Big grin Keep it rolling John.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I actually thought of that --- but didnt say anything --- your hard to trick Mikey..... Your right........guess I'm not that consistent after all.....I'll work on it in April.....
              April? Mikey not only insulted you, he insulted several generations of your ancestors. How perfectly swampy of him to drop a challenge like that. March aint over yet John, put on your reflective gear and lace 'em up.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Imminent Catastrophe

Everyone talks about the long run, nobody talks about consistency. IMHO they're equally important, and consistency is vastly underrated.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Consistency got me where I am today.

Imminent Catastrophe

INconsistency got me where I am today. Sad

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I turned right at San Francisco.

April? Mikey not only insulted you, he insulted several generations of your ancestors. How perfectly swampy of him to drop a challenge like that. March aint over yet John, put on your reflective gear and lace 'em up.
                        Mikey can be pretty tough sometimes........ Today is APR 1st and my running plan calls for 8 miles........and 40 per week for the entire month..so things should increase nicely this month....CEPT the week of the Boston marathon -- cause I'm going to be relaxing on Cocoa Beach, sipping on Mai Tai's and wondering how you guys are doing....(will probably cut back a little but that week)...... Big grin Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

8 miles per day? 40 miles per week? 8 x 7 = 56. I thought we were talking about consistency. Wink
                            8 miles per day? 40 miles per week? 8 x 7 = 56. I thought we were talking about consistency. Wink
                            OOPS - Not 8 miles per day --- 8 Miles on Wed........my new running schedule for the next month or so will look like something like this: Mon - 3 -- Easy Tue - 5 -- Easy Wed - 8 -- HARD - (track workout with CMS coach at Worcester State College w recovery and warm-up) Thur - 3 - Recovery Fri - 6 - Easy Sat - 15 - Long Sunday -- make up day, rest day, extra miles day, or whatever else I feel like doing.....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not 8 miles per day
                              I thought we were talking about consistency. Wink
                              mikeymike

Don't mind Trent. He's racing a mile on the track this afternoon so he's ornery. I have no such excuse, that's just my normal personality.

Runners run