Redundant Uploading of data (Read 1111 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I've noticed evertime I upload data from my Garmin ANT (310 XT), it re-uploads the last workout from the previous upload.

EX:  I uploaded 3 workouts yesterday (A, B, C).  Today I did one workout (D), but when I upload data it is pulling workout (C) again with (D) even though I had already uploaded and saved (C) yesterday.

I have "Import New Workouts Only" checked.

Thoughts?  Is it Garmin communicator or RA?  

Thanks.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
    HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Take it nobody else experiences this?  

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)

an amazing likeness

Just a thought...have you tried delete all the history from the Garmin (obviously, after it has all been uploaded) and seeing what happens after the next run -- does it pull the one run's data twice?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

I think the problem cropped in the last Garmin firmware update.  The problem is specific to Ant Agent devices such as the 310XT.  Which version of the firmware are you using?

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Yes have tried clearing the history to no avail.

Using 3.90.0.0 firmware on the 310 XT

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)

I get this every time with my 310xt (and have for quite a while now).

It looks like the problem is with the Ant Agent.  Install the latest version and it should fix the problem:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3743

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

It looks like the problem is with the Ant Agent.  Install the latest version and it should fix the problem:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3743

Thanks - thought I was all up to date.  Will give it a go.

• Black Canyon 100k
                  • RRR
                  • Zane Grey 100k
                  • High Lonesome 100
                  • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                  • The Bear 100
                  • Javelina Jundred (?)

I updated ant agent, but I still get the same thing.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I updated ant agent, but I still get the same thing.

Ditto

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)

Yeah, mine does it as well....not consistently though, just every now and then.

This morning it was just after the Ant agent crashed...so maybe related to that.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

I don't have a device that uses the Ant Agent so I can't reproduce the problem.  I remember that the problem started after users upgraded to the latest Garmin software several months ago.  Since the problem is specific to Ant Agent devices, I figure that the Agent is the problem.  When you upload your workout, does the importer page say it uploaded multiple workouts even though it should only have one workout?

I don't have a device that uses the Ant Agent so I can't reproduce the problem.  I remember that the problem started after users upgraded to the latest Garmin software several months ago.  Since the problem is specific to Ant Agent devices, I figure that the Agent is the problem.  When you upload your workout, does the importer page say it uploaded multiple workouts even though it should only have one workout?

I normally only upload every few days, so it's seldom a case of only having one workout to upload. But - irrespective of the number of workouts there is always one repeat - that it the newest one in the previous batch is repeated as the oldest one in the new batch (if you see what I mean).

(The workout in question appears in the list of workouts on the imported page.)

Could you do me a favor?  The next time you upload your data, send me a message with the exact date and time of the import.  Please also leave the workouts in the import area.  I want to see if there's a problem on RA.  Thank you.

I also have the same problem with the FR610

Alan

2012 Targets:

1:30hrs Continuous running

17.5km in 1:30hr

Half Marathon < 1:50 (PB 1:50:35 - 26/08/12 Pewsey)

10k < 50mins (PB 45:09 - 15/07/12 West Tytherley 10k)

5k < 24mins (PB 22:08 - 16/06/12 Andover Park Run 5km)

Average Weekly Pace < 8min/mile (Current Best 8:02)