Error Saving Map (Read 601 times)

Both yesterday and today I got an error when trying to save a map. It says the site administrator has been notified. Any ideas, Eric?
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric - I just got back from a short vacation and was trying to save a few of the routes I did - I got the same message. I created the route, pressed 'Save' which then gave me all the additional fields (title, length, notes etc) and when I try to save this I get the 'unknown error - Eric has been told' message. Happy New Year! Neil Smile

Running ... just keep running!

eric :)

This was a tricky bug, but I managed to track it down and fixed it. Can you verify that is indeed the case? It was introduced when I changed the URLs of the pages and how they are handled. added: every time an error occurs, I receive an email from the system. It has some debug information that might or might not help me in figuring out what the problem is. In this case, it has enough hints but not enough for me to figure it out, which was why I had to request help from you guys. Anyway, I never knew how often that feature is used until now. I got emails literally every few minutes, and that was just that page alone! The emails serve as a way to encourage me to fix the problem fast, otherwise, the emails will keep coming in.
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric I repeatd the process (created a map, saved it etc) and this time it does save - bug found and destroyed! Thanks a lot, Neil Smile

I plot a course and save it, and when I look under courses on my log the name of the course I saved is there, but no map appears when clicked. Please, what am I doing wrong?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi RED64 ... I just tried to replicate your problem ... Tools ... create a map ... save it as 'Test Course' (page comes up for the additional description data, then it can be saved). The site then shows the page that lists all my courses and my 'Test Course' is there with the little 'globe' icon (this indicates that there is a map). I view the course and the map is there. I'm using IE7 & WIN XP. Can you list out what you are doing so we might spot the problem? Have a good weekend, Neil G (UK)