13.1, 26.2, 70.3, 140.6 Magnets (Read 4138 times)

I've got a couple number stickers on my rear window.

Last week a dude honked at me and then flipped me off, leaving me wondering what I had done. As he passed me, I noticed this sticker in his back window.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The license plate sequencing around here includes the prefix RUN.  Some lucky(?) person got the plate RUN 262.  Free vanity plate.

I've got a couple number stickers on my rear window.

Last week a dude honked at me and then flipped me off, leaving me wondering what I had done. As he passed me, I noticed this sticker in his back window.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Although I find his sticker funny, I wonder why he felt compeled to flip you off?

Guess he doesn't subscribe to "live and let live".  How does your sticker hurt him?

Why are people so angry?

Jeff

IMKY13 finish!!

right now I've got a 26.2 and "tri" sticker on my car.  In 4 weeks, I'll be covering up the "tri" sticker with 70.3

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

right now I've got a 26.2 and "tri" sticker on my car.  In 4 weeks, I'll be covering up the "tri" sticker with 70.3

You should leave the "tri" sticker on, but put an X over it with marker, and put the 70.3 right next to it.

Jeff

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Kinda makes me want a "26.1" sticker.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

nextyearcubs

I don't have a 26.2 sticker/magnet on the car, but I have one on my toolbox at work.  If I had one on the car, I think I'd feel like a goof in the parking lot at a race, because everyone else has one, but... Its nice because you can always tell that you're in the right place, when everyone else has one.

I also have the magnet on the fridge.  The thinking was, I'd see it and maybe stay out of the fridge every now and then.  It didn't work.

5K 20:20 9/17/11 13.1 1:36:58 6/12/11 26.2 3:34:19 9/23/2012

xor

I have a pink 26.2 and several flying monkey magnets on my fridge.  And a tobacco road marathon magnet because the name cracks me up.

I hope the magnet anarchists don't sneak in.

Magnarchists.

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I am The Tortoise

For whatever reason (so far, it's apart from this thread topic), I have magnets attached to my vehicle that shows what race distance accomplishments I've had.

It includes 13.1, 26.2, and 70.3 (still waiting for a 140.6).

We've all seen them before (and maybe you have them on your car too).

This morning, as I was walking out to my car, I noticed that they're gone.

Yes, stolen!

Not a big deal, but c'mon....

Why would you steal a magnetic number?
                      If you ran the distance, buy one.

If you didn't, it's just a number or a magnet, but it has no meaning.

Also, my car stops in 3 different locations (office, home, and gym).  So, I know that the thief is either a coworker, a neighbor, or a fellow gym rat.

I'll be detaining some of my colleagues and neighbors in the coming days to question them about any unusual activity... Smile

Cheers,

WOW! I'm starting to like the idea of the 13.1 tattoo on the back of my calf more and more!

StepbyStep-SH

I don't have a 26.2 sticker/magnet on the car, but I have one on my toolbox at work.  If I had one on the car, I think I'd feel like a goof in the parking lot at a race, because everyone else has one, but... Its nice because you can always tell that you're in the right place, when everyone else has one.

I also have the magnet on the fridge.  The thinking was, I'd see it and maybe stay out of the fridge every now and then.  It didn't work.

I have been known to find my way to a race start by following the car with a 13.1/26.2/Tri sticker on it.

I do have a small 26.2 window cling in my back window given to me by a friend after my first marathon. But what do I put there now that I've run a 24-hour and covered 90 miles?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

I put a 26.2 sticker on the back bumper cover of my race car (avatar picture) ... got all kinds of questions from the boys at the race track.  

One guy even wondered what kind of race went 26.2 laps?   

Tim 

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Seen a 5.56 sticker on the back of a car on my way to work a couple months back.

5.56 is not a race distance but rather 5.56 mm which is the size of a M16 / AR15 bullet.

For whatever reason (so far, it's apart from this thread topic), I have magnets attached to my vehicle that shows what race distance accomplishments I've had.

It includes 13.1, 26.2, and 70.3 (still waiting for a 140.6).

We've all seen them before (and maybe you have them on your car too).

This morning, as I was walking out to my car, I noticed that they're gone.

Yes, stolen!

Not a big deal, but c'mon....

I'll be detaining some of my colleagues and neighbors in the coming days to question them about any unusual activity... Smile

Cheers,

I ended out putting an MDot on my calf.  Nobody can steal that.

And I still don't know who stole them!  Same colleagues and same neighbors.... Same gym too. ugh!

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

The car wash stole my 13.1 sticker last week