2013 Sub 1:30 Half Marathon (Read 1808 times)

hwangnyc

Hi everyone,

Reporting back after the NYC Half. The goal was to go sub 1:30 but I came up short and ended up running 1:30:19. My Garmin averaged 6:45 min/ mile and read 13.39 miles, so I had the speed but it looks like I ran the course long. I was able to execute a negative split averaged 7 min mile for the first 10k and 6:54 for the second (according to NYRR).

A bit disappointed but it's a personal record non the less. I still have another half (Brooklyn Half) in a few months, so the plan is to reload and try again. Congrats to everyone who raced this weekend!

1:20:50 in New Bedford today. Went out hard in the first mile to try to hang onto BadDawg and mikeymike but decided that I didn't have the fitness to keep with them today and backed it off a few ticks. Overall happy with my run and with the rest of the team today!

Congrats to everyone else who got the <1:30 today!

Walk-Jogger

Hi everyone,

Reporting back after the NYC Half. The goal was to go sub 1:30 but I came up short and ended up running 1:30:19. My Garmin averaged 6:45 min/ mile and read 13.39 miles, so I had the speed but it looks like I ran the course long. I was able to execute a negative split averaged 7 min mile for the first 10k and 6:54 for the second (according to NYRR).

A bit disappointed but it's a personal record non the less. I still have another half (Brooklyn Half) in a few months, so the plan is to reload and try again. Congrats to everyone who raced this weekend!

Congrats on the PR, and SOOO close to <1:30! You'll get it next time!

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

1:20:50 in New Bedford today....

Smokin!!! Nice work!

Retired &  Loving It

FSBD

Looks like a lot of good races this weekend.

Congrats to all.

I ran a 1:30:09 in New Bedford, so I just missed the sub-1:30 but overall I am very happy with my time.

My previous PR was 1:39:03 so it was a big step.

I'm feeling pretty confident that I can beat that time at my half in April.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Nice work BullDog! That's a huge PR!

I ran a 1:30:09 in New Bedford, so I just missed the sub-1:30 but overall I am very happy with my time.

My previous PR was 1:39:03 so it was a big step.

I'm feeling pretty confident that I can beat that time at my half in April.

Big PR!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Got it. Yesterday ran 1:29:56 @ Sam Costa HM in Carmel IN

Ran with another fellow starting at mile 4 and we managed to hang at the goal. He out kicked me at the end but it worked well for both of us.

He did think my comment at about mile 10 was pretty funny. Him - "This is starting to hurt". Me - "Yup. Guess we better pick up the pace cause it will hurt no matter what." So we ran 6:43, 6:42, 6:34 for the final legs. Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Walk-Jogger

Congrats, C-R! Was it a sprint finish with the other guy that got you the -4 seconds?

Retired &  Loving It

C-R

Congrats, C-R! Was it a sprint finish with the other guy that got you the -4 seconds?

We both ran with everything at the end and he was just a bit faster but it was a great way to finish for all the hard work on the course.

My watch actually said 1:30:00 but official time was a little less. Good news for me and timing chips. Hah.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Cool Jump Suit

I looked for you before and after the race, but couldn't find you.  Awesome work!  Did you get a medal?  Post a pic.  I, of course, didn't stand a chance to get one.  Perfect weather for a great run!

We both ran with everything at the end and he was just a bit faster but it was a great way to finish for all the hard work on the course.

My watch actually said 1:30:00 but official time was a little less. Good news for me and timing chips. Hah.

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

C-R

I looked for you before and after the race, but couldn't find you.  Awesome work!  Did you get a medal?  Post a pic.  I, of course, didn't stand a chance to get one.  Perfect weather for a great run!

I got there late and had to split fast for soccer. I didn't even see the people from the Carmel Runners Club. No medal for me. Finished 55th and only top 50 got one. It was a fast field this year when compared to previous years. I'm looking forward to my finish line photo. Might be great for a laugh.

Cool Jump Suit

Snap!  Great race anyway!  I had a beer with several of the peeps from the club afterwards @ Pizzology.  Nice crowd.  I'll look for the finish photo.  Look for mine too.  I always look scrunchy in my pics from that race.  I blame the camera.

I got there late and had to split fast for soccer. I didn't even see the people from the Carmel Runners Club. No medal for me. Finished 55th and only top 50 got one. It was a fast field this year when compared to previous years. I'm looking forward to my finish line photo. Might be great for a laugh.

So bittersweet,
                            This tragedy
                            Won't ask for absolution;
                            This melody,
                            Inside of me,
                            Still searches for solution.
                            A twist of faith,
                            A change of heart
                            Cures my infatuation.
                            A broken heart, 
                            Provides the spark
                            For my determination.

Raced at my local half today in Brentwood.

Went out at 6:50 pace but didn't feel that I could hold that pace in the wintry conditions. Ended up with 7 min/mile average and 1:32:03.

Not dissapointed at all as its a 2 minute PB and considering the conditions and the lack of mileage the last 6 months. Average of 27 miles a week, definitely need some more miles in the legs. Big grin

B-Plus

Congrats CR and richie. I'm getting itchy to race my half, even though it's quite a ways off and not my focus.