String of bad runs... (Read 667 times)

So, I am training for a 5 mile road race, and have had to take 2 weeks off due to heel pain (PF?)... yesterday I ran 2.3 miles very slowly (30 minutes) and today I was planning to run 5 miles... about 1 mile into my running today, I got dizzy and had to jog for the next 2 miles, when I finally stopped... I am going to go back out and run the last two miles, but I just can't believe how bad these two runs have been... I am most likely going to finish the 5 miles in about 1 hour 10 minutes, which would make an average of 15 minute miles... gahhhh!
      Just finished the second half... and I know, its not really 5 miles, so I am not extremely mad about the 1:09:50 finish time... but my heel isn't all that bad, so I am kind of happy... I did also manage to take the mile time from an average of 15:30 (yuch!) to 13:43, so at least I can take some good from this. Angry
      PWL

Has been

Everybody has bad days and good days. When you are having a bad run, remember how good you felt after the good runs. You'll get back there! Smile

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Do you take walk breaks during your runs?
          2009: BQ?
            Yes, frequently... except for races, I try not to walk during them! That's why my time for my runs are usually so high.
              Yay! Very good run today. It was QUITE humid, but I still ran outside and had about an 18 min 2 mile time... I did walk, but I did some fartlek-ing for the last mile or so. It feels nice to end your run sprinting.
                Great job!
                2009: BQ?
                  wll done - sounds like the string of bad runs has come to an end!
                    Yeah, the run wasn't exactly 2 miles... probably about 1.75 when I map it out, but still it has a HUGE hill I have to go up and down... so I'll round it up!