Viking Vengeance 5K (Read 432 times)

A Saucy Wench

Small local 5K to raise money for the highschool XC team. As expected the small crowd (50 ish?) was about 50% teenagers, either current or recent XC runners and a few college kids. They actually did AG awards 5 deep in each AG, so nearly everyone got a ribbon. Medals for 1st in each AG. I lined up right behind the XC boys and that was about the right place. Started to run with them when the gun went off but came to my senses in about 3 seconds. Amused to see a 5:XX on my garmin. Heat wasnt too bad at all except for one stretch Mile 1 7:22 Mile 2 7:26 Mile 3 7:28 Mile .1 00:39 (6:26) So not bad pacing and a little kick at the end. 1st (out of 2) in AG, I think 3rd female overall, 16th overall. MTA - and the best part is I met my 2008 goal, so I dont have to run another damn 5K...god those hurt.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Alright Ennay!!! Big grin

Amy

Nice race Ennay, Your training has been steady as a rock. I see your miles have been gradually inching up there and race times are coming down. I think this was your best yet, even allowing for shorter distance. Good job of pacing too--only a couple seconds slowdown from miles 1-3 and you more than made up for it that last 10th. Three down and one to go on lowering those PR's. Next up the marathon? Well done.
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        mikeymike

Nice!

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Not bad pacing? A couple of seconds difference in your splits is negligible. Looks to me like you ran with a nice steady effort. Congratulations.

Not at it at all. 

Think Whirled Peas

Nice race! 5k's. Racing 'til you puke, defined. Yep, thems hurt. Big. Of course, if it didn't, then we'd have to tell you you're doing it wrong! Tongue

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Congrats on the PR! Great job on the steady pacing. Smile

Michelle

So not bad pacing and a little kick at the end. 1st (out of 2) in AG, I think 3rd female overall, 16th overall. MTA - and the best part is I met my 2008 goal, so I dont have to run another damn 5K...god those hurt.
                  Great job!!!! Congrats on getting to cross off yet another 2008 PR goal Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group