BWAHAHAHAHAHA (Read 230 times)

A Saucy Wench

Yesterday the kids were allowed to pick out a snack to take with them to have before dance class.  There is a box in the pantry that has all kinds of random stuff, mosty lara bars and whatever single serve snacks are leftover from when it is our turn to provide soccer snacks.  

I picked them up from dance and they both had a kind of weird expression on their face.  They found a couple of Gu's in the snack box and thought it was some kind of Go-Gurt.   They were very disappointed.  Fortunately they both picked out a caffeine free variety.

I think the Gu is safe from now on.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

When my one daughter was younger she always used to get into things I kept on a desk near my treadmill.  One day I went up to run and a Bodyglide container was lying open on the floor, with a little semi-circle of tooth marks in it.  Never had a problem with her getting into that stuff again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

At least they were well fueled for dancing.

Not at it at all. 

joescott

That is hilarious.  I wish I could find some similar strategy to slow down the snacking of 3 teenage boys.  Last evening the DW was beside herself because while we were both out of the picture our 13-YO ate 1-1/2 quarts of strawberries that she had just bought earlier in the day that were to be for the whole family.  I figured, hey, at least it was something healthy as opposed to, say, two bags of popcorn, three bowls of Cheerios, and so on.  They are like locusts.  And with the older two (15 and 17) running probably 50+ miles per week it is unbelievable.   I don't know how families financially survive teenage boys.  Thank God my dad gives us half a cow every year.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

an amazing likeness

Ahhh....flavored snot-in-a-foil-pouch, every kid's favorite item. Yum.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

jpdeaux

They are like locusts.

Loud, hungry, stomping, fighting locusts who seem to molt out of their clothes and shoes every 3 months.

Ostrich runner

When my one daughter was younger she always used to get into things I kept on a desk near my treadmill.  One day I went up to runand a Bodyglide container was lying open on the floor, with a little semi-circle of tooth marks in it.  Never had a problem with her getting into that stuff again.

Vurp.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Christirei

one of my friend's daughters absolutely LOVES Gu gels. My friend stores them in the fridge and they are like a treat for her kid. Whenever she needs an especially good bribe she uses the Gu....kind of cracks me up, but at the same time, it's a lot of concentrated sugar!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I was dog sitting for my best friend's big ol' pit bull who will eat anything in sight.  I never thought to move my box of running crap that I bring to ultras from out of my closet when I left for work that day.  Come home to Crank E-gels smeared all over the carpet and a dog in a sugar coma.  (Not literally.)  But I probably should have taken him for a run that day...

Running is dumb.

A Saucy Wench

That is hilarious.  I wish I could find some similar strategy to slow down the snacking of 3 teenage boys.  Last evening the DW was beside herself because while we were both out of the picture our 13-YO ate 1-1/2 quarts of strawberries that she had just bought earlier in the day that were to be for the whole family.  I figured, hey, at least it was something healthy as opposed to, say, two bags of popcorn, three bowls of Cheerios, and so on.  They are like locusts.  And with the older two (15 and 17) running probably 50+ miles per week it is unbelievable.   I don't know how families financially survive teenage boys.  Thank God my dad gives us half a cow every year.

One morning my friend was hosting a coffee morning.  She set out the stuff for her guests, only to realize her 14 year old boy had drank the Costco 3 pack of CoffeeMate in a day in a half.  He wasn't mixing it with coffee, just drinking it straight.  If i remember, the costco size is 1.5L for each bottle.  Serious sugar.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

joescott

One morning my friend was hosting a coffee morning.  She set out the stuff for her guests, only to realize her 14 year old boy had drank the Costco 3 pack of CoffeeMate in a day in a half.  He wasn't mixing it with coffee, just drinking it straight.  If i remember, the costco size is 1.5L for each bottle.  Serious sugar.

Ha, yes!  Definitely something that could happen in my house!  Somehow if I could get GU or BodyGlide into their food, I think I could maybe slow them down.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.