2008 Goals - Done, Done, and Done (Read 979 times)

1/2 Marathon in under 2 hrs. Complete first Marathon 1,000 miles for the year OK, on to 2009!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Marathonmanleto

a good year.congrats.

Giants Fan

Excellent job at meeting your goals! What's on the table for next year?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Good Goals.....Good Results....... Good year........and your right -- On to 2009 Shocked Shocked Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Good job dude! So is an Ultra and 2000 miles inline for you next year. Some of my running goals for 2008 1. Run my first marathon 2. Run a half under 1:54 3. Run my first trail race 4. Run 1000+ miles 5. In October, I thought it be cool if I ran 3 marathon over 3 consecutive months, but sickness kicked that. Well, I completed a marathon and trail race. Cool

Vim

Excellent job at meeting your goals! What's on the table for next year?
              Right now, job #1 is to get my plantar fasciitis under control. Working on that, and (knock wood) things seem to be going OK. 2009 looks like: 10K in under 52:00 1/2 marathon in under 1:54:00 2nd marathon (thinking about out of the local area for something fun and different) in under 4:30:00 1,500 miles (stretch goal) Well, I wrote 'em down, so now I have to do 'em!

Prince of Fatness

1/2 marathon in under 1:54:00
                If Allentown is not too far for you come and run the Lehigh Valley Half on May 3. I'll be there.

Not at it at all. 

If Allentown is not too far for you come and run the Lehigh Valley Half on May 3. I'll be there.
                  I think the Broad Street Run in Philly is that day, as well, but I may consider Allentown. Depends on how the winter training goes. Thanks for the heads up.

Prince of Fatness

I think the Broad Street Run in Philly is that day, as well, but I may consider Allentown. Depends on how the winter training goes. Thanks for the heads up.
                    No problem. Lehigh Valley is normally the week before Broad Street but this time they had to move it back a week later for some reason. It is capped and usually fills up by the end of February, so it's not a race you can decide to do at the last minute. I do highly recommend it, though.

Not at it at all. 

Another Passion

Good job, jvol! Awesome year, I hope you have as successful 2009!

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

IMKY13 finish!!

break 25 minutes in a 5K (nope) break 2 hours in a half marathon (nope) run 1,250 total miles for the year
                        I started this past Saturday with 1,234.80 total miles and ran the Huntsville marathon...so at mile 15.2 I hit 1,250 miles for the year. See race report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/Forum/Post/86cbd54d65d444ab8e1ce779f5c97d31#focus

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

My running partner!

Great job! Congratulations on a great year. Smile
                          Kat
                          theyapper

On the road again...

Great 08. Here's to an even better 09!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul