Chrome browser NOT recognizing Garmin Plugin (Read 159 times)

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

All of a sudden when using the Chrome browser (version 37.0.2062.124 m) the Garmin plug-in appears to be disabled

Here is the exact error message from the garmin link:

Plugin Is Blocked

This page requires the Garmin Communicator Plugin, but the plugin is being blocked by your web browser.

To unblock the plugin, select the page action icon in your browser's address bar. Then select "Always allow plugins for this site."

Yet, when I go to Chrome Advanced Setting, Content settings, plug-ins are set to run automatically.  This is the only browser with issues, I can utilize IE 9 and Firefox (latest version). Any thoughts on how this can be addressed to work in Chrome?

Thanks for any help you can give!

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

eric :)

Hi chaplanger,

Chrome is dropping support for all plugins, and this is their way to nudging the developers to transition to new solutions.  This is the reason Garmin came out with Garmin Express.  I think you can enable it by clicking an icon on the right side of the address bar.  I am still exploring a workaround to deal with this problem.

eric Smile

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

Eric,

Thanks for the insight. Evidently their non-support of plug-ins even goes beyond user preferences to "enable all plug-ins." Right now there doesn't appear to be any workarounds in the "Chrome" world. Thankfully Firefox and IE have not followed suit! My simple solution is to say bye-bye to Chrome.

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

DennisF6

Is there anything new on this?

Chrome is my browser of choice and I had no problems uploading until this weekend when I had to reinstall Chrome.

I can still upload in Firefox so it isn't critical but it would be nice if there was a way to do it from Chrome so I don't have to fire up a new browser just to upload to RunningAhead.

Thanks!

Mmmmm...beer

Nevermind, should have read some more. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!