Any (or many?) evening runners here? (Read 699 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I know I've posted this before, but it bears, umm, repeating, given the direction this thread has gone. According to my former X-country coach, he ran with a guy who in the late 70's / early 80's set what is still a school record for most consecutive farts while running (one fart per step). That record is 21. Shocked Sadly, this record is not posted on the wall of the HS gymnasium like the other track+field / XC records are. Back On-topic, I don't run at night anymore, but some of my best training in my early 20's was at night. Once the sun goes down, all but the hottest / muggiest conditions are bearable. Be safe, bring a cell phone, and get one of those hyper-reflective vests that can be seen from space when lit up by headlights.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I used to run in the evenings during the week and early in the mornings on Saturday and after church on Sunday. Now I either run before work or during my lunch hour during the week and when ever I can get it in on the weekends. Once race training starts back up and my long runs get longer I will go back to running early on Sat. morning.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        Hi I run mostly in the evening sometime as late as 11:30pm it does get really dark on the back country roads. I like running at night you can see cars coming towards or behind you. I just switch over to the other side of the road.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do you ever feel slightly deflated after a good fart when you're running?
          Nope, but I have had that sensation after a running belch--yeah, I'm gassy out both ends. Too bad it doesn't make me "jet propelled." Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

oscarthehound

Wow loads of night runners! I run between 8 and 9 every night (2 hrs after dinner and a half hour after the kids go to bed) and then mornings at weekends. If I don't leave 2 hrs after eating I feel ready to vomit after about 2 miles... I would truly love to be able to get up in the morning before work and do my stint then.... but I sufferfrom severe bed pull... In any case when I do run in the early morning I find my performance is terrible and the effort so much harder. Anyone else find that?
              I do all of my runs in the evening heat, except for the weekends. But never very early. Races are always early and thought I would suffer from not being familiar to early runs. But I've found if you get up early enough to get acclimated (warmed-up) It's no different.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I too am an evening runner. I have tried to be a morning runner, but I think my inner clock is tuned to run in the evenings. While it is sometimes hard to get going, there is nothing better to de-stress from the day. My muscles are looser and I can just go and tune out for a bit. . . ahhhh

Me and my gang in Breck

During the week I run from 7 to 9. It's usually cooler and it's the only time I have. Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

My preferance is in the morning when the sun first comes up, but since I'm at work at 3 am, I have to either run at 1am or as the sun is setting if I'm going to run outside. It is just too hot to run outside when I get off work.
                      i run after work, 5:30ish or 6:30ish most of the time. summers, though, when i'm working in my old (much safer) town, i can run as late as 11:00pm, which i looooove-- no traffic, and all the evening flowers are open and everything just SMELLS good. weekends i'm a morning girl, though-- only b/c i know if i leave it til later in the day, weekend fun will try to get in the way of my running and i hate that sort of conflict!