Where did THAT come from?! (Read 921 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just ran almost 7.5 miles at ~10 minute pace--which is a good minute faster than my normal pace and a good deal of it was into the wind! Big grin And my hip flexor is still buggin' me after a few miles, but not enough to affect my pace or overall comfort. That felt really, truly amazing...best run I have had in weeks! Is it just me, or does anyone else find that they have a noticeable increase in pace shortly after a race or really good speed/hills session? Maybe I will be able to run that HM at close to 10 minute pace...if I am having a good day I think I could! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Aren't good runs fun! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man...good runs are better than just about anything! Seriously, I was sad the sun was setting...I would have gone for at least 90 minutes if it hadn't been getting so dark. That was really awesome. I miss my evening runs--once the time changes they will really be a thing of the past (at least until next Spring/Summer). k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Just a thought on where it might have come from: body being rested up (relatively) by having a few shorter days and a rest day right before. ::shrug:: Rest is good. Now I just have to convince *myself* of this secret... Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That may have well played a role...I think the different weather helped, too. We got a cold front that pushed the rain and dampness out--I ran in some cool, dry air tonite that felt great. Plus I ran at night. My runs for the past couple of months have mostly been in the AM and I'm just not a morning person (I don't feel "good" until more like noon). My last really great run was a long Saturday afternoon run during weather very similar to tonite's. k

~ Sarah Kay

I have to agree with you both. Good runs are what makes it all worth it. I am usually managing some new ache or pain or just the fact that I had to get up at 5:30Am ....again.... to get my training runs in before work. Sometimes runs feel like work. Last Saturday I ran 9.6 miles and it was good, didn't feel like I could run until the sun went down, but it was that sense of "pushing the envelope", accomplishing more than the average human and then basking in that feeling (with the stiff muscles as a reminder) for the rest of the day. Then two days off and a 6 miler that felt just as good. Todays run felt like work, hopefully tommorrow's run won't . Alas, although the "bad" days make the "good" days that much better! Hop
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Alas, although the "bad" days make the "good" days that much better! Hop
                Totally! And I've had a spate of "bad" runs, lately, so this one was definitely due! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2 in one week--woot! I just PR'd my 10 mile (actually ran 13, but my 10 mile split was faster than my miserable 10 mile race from 3 weeks ago by about a minute)! Felt great...hip flexor pain was little more than a minor annoyance, and not for the entire run, even. Stunningly gorgeous day for it, too! *contented sigh* Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom-Zoom Congratulations on running a HM at record speed! When is your official HM race? I believe you said it was soon. I just ran my last long run in training for my HM next weekend! And although I am farther East than you, the weather was great here too. Have you ever heard of a HM being cancelled? and registered runners not being notified? Shocked I happened to go to the website to check on race packet pick up details and WHAM! Cancelled! http://www.lymepl.org/gchm.htm All that training for WHAT? Fortunately there is another HM close by http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/ that I will register for this coming Friday, the day before the race. I would have been very PO'd had I not had an outlet for all of this training! There is a running God after all. Hop
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whoa, no explanation, even?! Wonder what the story is...maybe not enough participants? But I'm glad you found an alternative--I'll bet that event suddenly gets a bunch more registrants. My HM is in 3 weeks from tomorrow, so I will have one more long run, then a regular week of runs and a week of tapering. k

~ Sarah Kay

I finally heard the message you left for me...way to go, Blondie!!! You are so going to kick my ass at our HM!!!
                        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I finally heard the message you left for me...way to go, Blondie!!! You are so going to kick my ass at our HM!!!
                          About damned time that *I* kick *your* ass! Knowing you, though, you will pull out some crazy fast pace on race day and leave me in the dust...and/or I will have some stupid issue like shin splints or numb right foot (always the right foot) and end up hobbling for a few miles until things subside. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Well, I've decided that pain is officially just weakness leaving the body & I'm going to kick myself in the ass & into high gear this week. If I don't, I really might not live through this HM!!!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is why we need to live closer--to keep each other on track when we need a cheerleader! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I have the good house, so it looks like you are going to have to move...