Footpod watch (Read 680 times)

I am looking at replacing my Polar RS200SD. It's a great foot pod watch, but there are some features that I am missing. I would like to see the average pace during a race so I can estimate my finishing time. But I don't like to sacrifice the instantaneous pace reading - so I think a GPS won't really do for me. I also would like to have a smaller, more lightweight foot pod. The S1 is a bit bulky and I don't use it during races. I'd like to be able to download data, mainly to make it easier to put it into my log here. I like that I can wear the watch as an everyday watch. I'm not sure about heartrate. I'm not using it now, but I might use it some time soon. Affordable. In the range £100. I'm thinking Garmin 50. Does anyone have experience to share?

I would like to see the average pace during a race so I can estimate my finishing time. But I don't like to sacrifice the instantaneous pace reading - so I think a GPS won't really do for me.
      Forerunner 305/205 can show you average and instantaneous pace at the same time. There are 2 shared views plus 1 sport specific view (running/biking/other) that you can toggle between, and each screen can be customized with between 1 and 4 of any of the dozen or two options. Just sayin'.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Thanks. Well I'm a bit torn. I know that the 305 is probably the best I can get, but I love that I can wear my RS200 as an everyday watch, and also that the shoe pod is more accurate when measuring pace.
          Well, if it was not for the £100 limit, I'd say go for RS800sd. Its footpod (S3) is much smaller than S1, the battery lasts longer (around 60 hours of use in my case), it switches on/off automatically and most importantly: it is very accurate (way below 1% error for a calibrated footpod on almost all runs) plus it is much better than any GPS unit in providing useful instantaneous pace. I have had mine for over a year now. I have had some sporadic issues with the HRM part of it but none whatsoever with the distance/pace monitoring part. T.
            Yes the RS800 is a great watch, a colleague has one. The software is a lot like my RS200. But if I did spend that much I think I'd be tempted by the Garmin 405. If if the GPS isn't what I need it's possible to get a footpod.