Now I am on crutches... (Read 794 times)

Now that was a bath...

No one asks me how my running is going. Just grumbling. I am boogieing on down in the middle of my own pity party. I was sat on the couch with my husband last night discussing the probability of the existence of flying monkeys (by the way Trent my husband says that if he were me he would have kept quiet about the monkey confessional thing) when it suddenly hit me how long it will be before I can run again. I am sure going to miss it!!!!!! Spring is here and the weather is perfect and I am going to miss my runs so much. It sort of made me start wanting a baby again (I am usually wanting babies). But then I remembered that we are going to have a baby in our house in three months anyhow (my daughter is pregnant). That should solve that problem! One good thing, my eight year old and my four year old will be starting athletics training again in a few weeks as the season starts then. I can live vicariously through them Tongue Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin Anyone else believe in mythical flying creatures, have four legs, four children and a forty year old husband that is more fart than lek? If so I could start a new user group. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know about flying monkeys or any of that, but when I was little I was convinced that if one stuck an empty grape stem in water overnight that by AM one would have new grapes. Yeah, my parents were cruel and had me believing this until age 12 or so. I'll be hoping that the time until you can run passes quickly. Just think how awesome the weather will be when you are cleared! It will be crap here, but on your side of the world it should be perfect running weather! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

You can always do this till you can get off the crutches.. Can't wait for you to get healthy and start kicking some arse!
          You can always do this till you can get off the crutches..
          Wow - that looks like a lot of fun - do they take passengers Wink Claire I believe in mythical creatures I consider myself to have 1 and 3/4 legs no to the rest sucks missing the best running weather of the year - but at least there will be running at the end of it - of that I am sure Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Now that was a bath...

Steve, that does look awesome!!!! I have a cardboard Waka at home. Actually it's a box that the kids painted, but hey - it's a Waka to us. I just don't know whether I can commit time to doing an activity like that. With such a large family and a whole heap of other commitments, running is about the only thing that I could fit in! Looking at that video though I think that I wouldn't mind taking the kids to watch a team practice though! I am being quite productive this morning. Boredom has it's benefits sometimes. Claire xxx

Prophet!

Claire, If you think that looks awesome, wait till you see open-ocean paddling, surfing open-ocean swells..I hear ya on the time/commitment thing. As with anything, to excel in paddling requires loads of time on the Waka and then some..some clubs however will have recreational-type setting for those with limited time. Anyway, just thought i'd suggest it. Paddling in Wa'a, Va'a or Waka, is a great way to keep your endurance as well as building upper body strength and a great way to blow of some steam and meet some great people. In addition, its a great way to immerse yourself in the tradition and culture of the Pacific Islands.

Why is it sideways?

Claire, when I feel like taking a day off, I think of you and your injury struggles. And I go run. It's true. Thanks. MTA: The avatar's Aristotle. You can tell it's him because of his hand--the gesture of moderation. In the original painting, he's next to Plato, who points up, towards the ideal. He's not really a tongue master. That's an obscure reference to the crazy bastards in the 2000 mile club.

Now that was a bath...

Steve - its funny that you should say that because becoming immersed in the culture of the Pacific Islands is exactly what I need to do. My daughter is pregnant and the baby is half Samoan. It will be important for all of us to learn more about the Islander Cultures and ways so that this little baby will have a firm background and an understanding of his heritage. Maybe me and little bubba can sail our Waka together someday! Jeff - where would I be without you lot to make me feel better! When you are looking for your next avatar picture, do me a favor and Google Image Search - Eckhart Tolle. Then I can be right for once. I had probably better not ask about the tongue master thing as I am a delicate flower and easily bruised. The philosopher in my avatar is called Claire and the 'Sloppy Frappe' is an obscure reference to my use of sex toys in the afternoons. Go figure. We must be separated at birth. Claire xxx

Imminent Catastrophe

Anyone else believe in mythical flying creatures, have four legs, four children and a forty year old husband that is more fart than lek? Claire xxx
                    Mythical? Most mythical creatures are just that, except for Nessie and Flying Monkeys. Don't you dare suggest otherwise!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016