Harrassed by wildlife? (Read 659 times)

I've been lunged at by dogs, chased by geese, and harassed by squirrels, but today's encounter with wildlife was unique. I was running down the shoulder of a country road, when all of a sudden this 4" crayfish appeared before me, all reared up on its tail and waving it's little claw thingys at me. This fierce posturing did the trick, as I took a quick sidestep and avoided squashing it flat. However, it made me laugh so hard I lost my breath, and my pace, and it took me a while to recover. At least it helped pass the time.

Member Since 2008

That same thing happened to me the other day so I reached down and grabbed it behind the pichers and threw it back in the creek.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, I miss crayfish. We don't see them on this stretch of lake MI. They like rocks. That is really funny. I think I would have had to sit down to keep from hyperventilating from laughing at that. Badass little crawdaddy! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We get attacked by monkeys down in our parts. Give me a 4" crayfish any day. At least they don't fly. Shocked

Imminent Catastrophe

Did you have pepper spray?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you have pepper spray?
              Mmmm...crayfish cayenne. That sounds tasty. Perhaps with some drawn butter and red potatoes... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

We get attacked by monkeys down in our parts. Give me a 4" crayfish any day. At least they don't fly. Shocked
                And the undead. Don't forget the undead.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

jfa

That same thing happened to me the other day so I reached down and grabbed it behind the pichers and threw it back in the creek.
                  That may have been a bad idea. Our kids had a crayfish that lived in the aquarium with the fish.I guess it grew enough that it was able to climb out. I found it trucking across the living room floor ,so I scooped it up an put it back in the tank. It drowned. Haunts me to this day.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And the undead. Don't forget the undead.
                    I thought Trent was the undead...or are you talking about when a zombie got him and made him one of them? Or are the monkeys zombies? Oh, lord...that puts a whole 'nother spin on that marathon! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That may have been a bad idea. Our kids had a crayfish that lived in the aquarium with the fish.I guess it grew enough that it was able to climb out. I found it trucking across the living room floor ,so I scooped it up an put it back in the tank. It drowned. Haunts me to this day.
                      And now it's a zombie crayfish. *sings* The circle of life undeath...

~ Sarah Kay

I've never been attacked by a crayfish. Once, I did have an orange cat hop sideways and hiss at me all along the property of his home while I ran by, that was odd. During tonight's run I had to keep a close eye on the trail since baby bunnies and chipmunks kept darting out in front of me. It was cute to see, but I was worried I'd squish one!

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Mmmm...crayfish cayenne. That sounds tasty. Perhaps with some drawn butter and red potatoes... Big grin
                          I hadn't thought of that. It would be a popular menu item at a New Orleans restaurant: "Langouste piquant par le coureur."

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Prince of Fatness

Speaking of red potatoes, I'll be digging a bunch up soon. They're ready. Can't beat fresh potatoes from the garden.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dammit, now I'm hungry. PB and honey didn't cut it. I want shellfish and taters! Sad

~ Sarah Kay

veganmom

Crayfish??? Wow, that's crazy! We have lots of wildlife here (I run on portions of the WS) but the only thing that really freaks me out are the mountain lions.