bay state marathon in Mass (Read 455 times)

mommarun

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows if the bay state marathon has pace setters. I really want to qualify for boston but might need pace setters for a little help.
      i ran Baystate in 2006 and don't remember pace setters - could have changed since then though. the pic in my avatar is actually after Baystate - the finish is in the Lowell Baseball field - you run the last bit around the track - it's pretty cool...........the run is pretty flat and is a double loop starting in Lowell, running up to the Tyngsborough bridge and over back to Lowell............many people do really well and do use it as a qualifying marathon. good luck!!

denise

mikeymike

I've run it twice and there were no pace setters. I doubt there will be any. It's really not that kind of race. It's very low key--kind of like your standard local no-frills raod race, though this year it will be a bit bigger due to being the New England Championships. But it's a fast course. If you're looking to qualify for Boston it's tough to beat.

Runners run

Me and my gang in Breck

I ran it in 07 and their were no pace setters. Their are mile markers every mile. You could use those with a wrist band pace sheet. This is a great race to use for a qualfier. It's really a great little marathon and I highly recommend it.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."