For those that follow a Paleo diet, how do you fuel during a run? (Read 212 times)

Hip Redux

I'm glad your schedule works for you.   Really.  My point still is that how people burn energy for athletic endeavors with food intake differs.  I find it an interesting study...sorry I 'complicated' things lol

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Peeling an orange while running can be done.  The park I run in is home to a fruitarian ultra runner.  He has been peeling an orange everytime I've seen him, and I frequently see orange peels on the trails...even through difficult rock scrambles.  He carries a pouch of small oranges with him.

**Ask me about streaking**

Hip Redux

Peeling an orange while running can be done.  The park I run in is home to a fruitarian ultra runner.  He has been peeling an orange everytime I've seen him, and I frequently see orange peels on the trails...even through difficult rock scrambles.  He carries a pouch of small oranges with him.

It's not so much the peeling... but where do you put the orange?  My shorts don't always have pockets, and it certainly doesn't fit in my waist pack...  What kind of pouch?  Doesn't it bang around?

I like the idea of peeling a small one before hand, but I just envision a smooshed pulpy mess when I finally get to eating it. lol

Now THIS is complicated. :P

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

He's got a little waist pouch...I'm sure it bangs around.  This guy is a pro and most of the peels I see are 1/2 of the orange or more.  If you are interested the guy's name is Denis Mikhailov.  There's a youtube interview of him from after he won Virgil's Crest 100m (not any info about peeling an orange while running though...but from the sounds of the interview he gets plenty of practice...30 a day I think he said)

**Ask me about streaking**

AlexaCT

This is what I think I'll start to carry with me:

http://www.gogosqueez.com/

I can and I will!