Don't laugh...manual treadmill-yay or nay? (Read 684 times)

Baby bean!

Okay, I'm not looking to run marathons or run 20 miles at a time. I'm just a simple little runner. I'm pretty open to anything...except running with lightning. Yeah, leave that one for some other brave person. So I'm looking for something that I can just hop on for 30 minutes so at least I will have kept up and didn't let the weather deter me. KWIM? So I thought I might look into a manual treadmill. Problems: Money-apparently I didn't plant the money tree like everyone else, so budget is a factor. Space-live in an apartment, so something bulky is out. Thoughts? I don't want to join a gym just so that I have the option of using a treadmill when the weather sucks. I'd sooner not go than go to the gym.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Running Dad

Check Craigslist, you might be able to find something there. I just recently found my parents one because someone was giving it away. You could get a no frills one for ~$500 or so which is probably less than a year at the gym that you could get plenty of use out of. Manuals are most likely to have a small track and not be too wide, mostly for walkers, so I would tell you to stay away from em. just my $.02
      Things to do this year:
      Not get an injury
      Things done this year:
      Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

Dave

Another vote for craigslist. This is what $100 buys you (on Long Island) http://longisland.craigslist.org/for/794211405.html

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Imminent Catastrophe

I would never buy it without trying it. So, bring your running shoes, run it for a bit, then decide.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Baby bean!

Another vote for craigslist. This is what $100 buys you (on Long Island) http://longisland.craigslist.org/for/794211405.html
            Oooh, I can do that! Thank you! I will look into that!

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.