Perfect Albums (Read 326 times)

The Black Crowes--Croweology. Yes, a compilation, but they're mostly acoustic arrangements of previous songs. Love it.

Hip Redux

A little before my time but it's really a classic album - Carole King: Tapestry

Hip Redux

OOoh, and how about Violent Femmes (the first).

BeeRunB

Some great choices !

No Pink Floyd ? I think I could put three of thier albums on that list. (mta: Sorry waytogo...missed that on the first run thru)

Led Zepplin 4

Santana Supernatural

I like all of Hermosaboy's picks

Dark Side Of The Moon for sure. The Wall has some throw aways.

Led Zeppelin IV is perfect. So is #2.

BeeRunB

DMB--Under the Table and Dreaming

LET IT BE ESTABLISHED HERE AND NOW:  greatest hits compilations don't count.

It's basically what people do with Itunes: make their own greatest hits collections.Cool

HermosaBoy

Some great choices !

No Pink Floyd ? I think I could put three of thier albums on that list. (mta: Sorry waytogo...missed that on the first run thru)

Led Zepplin 4

Santana Supernatural

I like all of Hermosaboy's picks

Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

HermosaBoy

Quality album!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Revenge of the Nerd

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

BeeRunB

Good one. Carol King is one amazing songwriter.

Here's another perfect pop record: Fleetwood Mac Rumours

They were all breaking up with each other (as romantic partners) and managed to stay together and express it all in this record. An example of one that is more powerful as a whole, greater than any one of it's several hits.

LET IT BE ESTABLISHED HERE AND NOW:  greatest hits compilations don't count.

It's basically what people do with Itunes: make their own greatest hits collections.Cool

Well UTTAD wasn't a greatest hits. It was their second album, with one repeat song (first album released on their own). It was a "here's the songs we've been playing in concert for the past few years".

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Well UTTAD wasn't a greatest hits. It was their second album, with one repeat song (first album released on their own). It was a "here's the songs we've been playing in concert for the past few years".

Yes, and it was new to me when it was released. I hadn't had the opportunity to see a show.

Kalsarikännit

I'm madly in love with Audioslave's first album.  Every single song. Chris Cornell has an amazing voice. I just listened to the whole thing yesterday.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

I'm madly in love with Audioslave's first album.  

I didn't know they even existed in the '80s.

Kalsarikännit

No throw away songs. Although, if we are talking about it being on vinyl, my choice is clearly eliminated.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

OOoh, and how about Violent Femmes (the first).

+1000000

Back in my long-ago single days when I used to take a lot of solo road trips, that was a must-have in the ol' cassette deck. I remember one trip I forgot to bring it, so I just sang the entire album to myself, word for word, all the way through.

I will add something a bit more recent: Green Day - American Idiot

Dave