Lapeer Michigan 4 Mile (Read 572 times)

To all RA athletes, Smile Please accept this invitation to run in the 28th annual Lapeer Race (4 Miler) on Sunday, August 19. I have the joy (and headaches) of being the race director of this fundraiser for children's charities. It's a small race (usually have about 150) but can be interesting. Last year, Phillip Lagat, from Kenya showed up and broke the course record by nearly 2 minutes. (I started the event, waited until everyone crossed the start line, got on my bike, rode as fast I could and he still beat me to the 1 mile mark!) For more info, go to www.signmeup.com/55135 or www.lapeerdays.com Kenny D
      Just received a registration from someone who lives in Eagle River, Alaska to run in our little race in Lapeer. I thought that was pretty cool. Any other Alaskan runners want to run a 4 mile?
        Kenny, First, let me say GO TIGERS!! My wife and I will be traveling from KY to the UP on the weekend of 08/11 and returning on 08/18. We plan to leave here Fri 8/10 and stop in Lansing. I'm running the Mint City 10 Miler on Sat 08/11 and then we'll continue north. It might possibly work out that we can stop over on the 18th and I could run the race on the 19th. My brother lives in Brighton and he might welcome a visit Sunday afternoon while we're traveling back to KY.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

That'd be great if you could make it. Where are you going in the UP? I visited the Keweenaw and Sylvania Wilderness a couple weeks ago.
            It's too far for me (although I am closer to you than your runner in Alaksa!) but best of luck to you for a successful race!
            2009: BQ?
              Thanks for your kind words Tricia!
                That'd be great if you could make it. Where are you going in the UP? I visited the Keweenaw and Sylvania Wilderness a couple weeks ago.
                Not nearly that far this trip. My brother graduated from MTU and I've visited there several times, usually at winter carnival. I did go there one summer for the D&N Bank Canal Run. t was a 10 mile race that started out at a park and ran into Hancock. We're just going to Trout Lake now. It's 35 miles up 123 towards Newberry.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Dah UP is Gods country, eh? Enjoy your trip and watch out for da bears.
                    Ken, it doesn't look like we'll hook up for the 4 miler. Rest assured that we will hook up someday soon. You're so close to my bother's home and a race in your 'hood will be a great excuse to spend a weekend with Bro and come race with you. We may even get him interested again. He's younger than me, overweight, high BP & cholesteral, etc. He cleaned his act up in '05, trained and lost over 40 pounds, and ran the Detroit Marathon. I accompanied him of course, but since then he hasn't done much. He & his wife ran the half at Detroit in '06 but he's lost interest again. Maybe we can help him out. Stay in touch ................

Ray, Thanks for the update. Good luck with the Mint City. I hope we do get to run together in the future. KD