F'ing green acorns!!! (Read 172 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is all.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Walk-Jogger

I hear ya - we don't have acorns, but I have to watch out for these effer's falling or already on the ground in my driveway every time I go outside.

Retired &  Loving It

MoBramExam

Why would you eat them???

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why would you eat them???

Discuss injury prevention and treatment, runner's nutritional needs and weight goal strategies

That part in bold.  Duathlon in 2 days, including 5 mile trail leg.  Went out for an easy 4 miler on a nearby trail.  Looked like an acorn bomb went off during yesterday's high winds and rainstorms.  2.75 miles in I rolled on a walnut-sized acorn and gimped back to my car.  Fortunately I was only about a quarter-mile from my car.  Reasonably certain I gave myself a grade 1 sprain on the same ankle that I grade 2 sprained >4 years ago.  Right now I'm thinking I'm likely going to DNS.

Between 2 ankle sprains while running trails and 1 busted wrist that hasn't fully healed nearly 2 years after crashing my bike on singletrack...thinking I need to stick to predictable pavement. *sigh*

Though I think there are people who do eat acorns.  That would be one way to rid the trails of those dastardly things!!

~ Sarah Kay

Mysecondnewname

My sympathies---hope you get better soon!

These are my nemeses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclura_pomifera

Half Fanatic #846

"Acorns are my arch enemy".

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My sympathies---hope you get better soon!

These are my nemeses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclura_pomifera

Oh, those would be awful to dodge in large numbers!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

Arimathea

Tessa

Discuss injury prevention and treatment, runner's nutritional needs and weight goal strategies

That part in bold.  Duathlon in 2 days, including 5 mile trail leg.  Went out for an easy 4 miler on a nearby trail.  Looked like an acorn bomb went off during yesterday's high winds and rainstorms.  2.75 miles in I rolled on a walnut-sized acorn and gimped back to my car.  Fortunately I was only about a quarter-mile from my car.  Reasonably certain I gave myself a grade 1 sprain on the same ankle that I grade 2 sprained >4 years ago.  Right now I'm thinking I'm likely going to DNS.

Between 2 ankle sprains while running trails and 1 busted wrist that hasn't fully healed nearly 2 years after crashing my bike on singletrack...thinking I need to stick to predictable pavement. *sigh*

Though I think there are people who do eat acorns.  That would be one way to rid the trails of those dastardly things!!

Recommend you not try eating them. There are reportedly two groups of people who do prepare acorns: museum volunteers and California fourth grade teachers. Acorns are apparently bitter if not prepared safely and tasteless if prepared properly. The Native Americans only ate them because there was nothing else to eat.

I am sorry about the ankle sprain. Ouch.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Recommend you not try eating them. There are reportedly two groups of people who do prepare acorns: museum volunteers and California fourth grade teachers. Acorns are apparently bitter if not prepared safely and tasteless if prepared properly. The Native Americans only ate them because there was nothing else to eat.

I am sorry about the ankle sprain. Ouch.

Thanks!  And I'll just stick to eating candy corn m&m's (taste like neither candy corn nor m&ms...go figure) and drinking too much wine.  This bench I'm sitting on is all about poor food choices. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay