Basic support/instruction (Read 739 times)

The MOST basic of questions ( I could really use your help!)...I'd love to begin using your tools, but haven't yet figured out how to enter ANYTHING (i.e., information on the calendar, log of various runs, and so forth). I would so appreciate a little direction here. Thanks!
    JakeKnight

Could you narrow your question down a bit? Most of the log entry is pretty self-explanatory: enter a time, a distance (actually you don't even have to enter both), the course you ran (some people have tons of courses, some don't bother), and the type of run (there are several defaults, like "easy" or "long"), and that's about it. If you store shoe information, you can enter that. You can add your weight, weather information, and other stuff ... but its not necessary. Some people just enter an approximate distance and that's it. Be as simple or complicated as you want. What exactly do you want to do?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Thanks for responding; my problem is that I'm not able to "enter" anything. That is, I find the calendar, but there is nothing on which I'm able to "click", IYKWIM. Same for all of the other tools. I see the place where I'd enter work outs, but nothing is "responsive", in terms of being able to click or input data. What am I doing wrong? This looks like such a terrific site; I'm very inspired by reading the logs of others. I'm really looking forward to being able to put together one of my own.

Lazy idiot

- On the top bar of tabs, click on Training Log - In the light blue bar running across your monitor, just underneath your username, click on 'New Run Entry' - Enter in as much or as little data as you wish in the form - When you're done entering data, click on 'Save' at the bottom of the form - Your workouts will then be viewable (in various forms) via the Summary / Calendar / Workouts subsections of the Training Log. Let us know if you need further help.

Tick tock

Smile MTA: Drew!! Good instructions! Look at the light blue band that is just below your username (which is directly below the RunningAhead logo). You should see a link that says "New Run Entry". Click on that link and you should be forwarded to a page with a form where you can enter information about your latest run. You will also notice that that link is also a pull-down menu, so you can also enter other workouts besides a run.
            ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer

Lazy idiot

Smile MTA: Drew!! Good instructions!
              Every once in a while I use my powers for good. Big grin

Tick tock

Thanks, Drew, that is EXACTLY what I needed!