The new log is here! (Read 7547 times)

eric :)

Hi everyone, It's a little late so I may not make much sense. I'm sure you've noticed by now that I upgraded to the latest code. I've been saying that it's coming soon for a long time and I'm glad that it's finally out the door. Although you may not notice, but much of the log has been rewritten. It has a similar look and feel as the old log but it should be easier to use. For one thing, you can now customize your summary page. You'll see a customize link at the upper right corner of the page. The customize page may not be as slick as Google's, but the idea is the same in that you can arrange the gadgets anyway you like. I will be adding more gadgets in the future. As you may know, I use a commercial graphing package to create the charts. The new log uses the latest version of this package but I do not have a license for it, yet. Since we're so close to the New Year, I figure I'll wait until next year to purchase it for tax reasons. Once I obtain the license, the graph will not have the company's name on it anymore. As I said in a previous post, there are too many features to name in the new log so you'll have to discover them yourselves. This was an enormous project that took me well over a year to complete. Despite the valiant efforts from the beta users (we all should thank them for putting their data on the line for testing), there will be bugs. I am on vacation this week, which is why I waited until now to upgrade the software, so I can fix them as you find them. Just report them in the tech support forum. Happy New Year, everyone! eric :-)
    aris

Thank you Smile It's really nice work! Keep it up. Happy new year!
        Thank you for all your hard work. Happy New Year!

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Looks great, Eric. I hope you get a good flood of donations to help cover your expenses. I know I kicked in some again.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

THANKS ERIC. I WILL BE DONATING ON 01/01/09. HAPPY NEW YEAR!Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

looks great Eric. Thanks for all of the hard work!
              harkath

Eric, Your the Best. The new Log looks great. I will be sending a donation soon. Keep up all the good work, I don't know what we would do with out you.Happy New Year and Thanks again. HarkathSmile

Oh Mighty Wing

AWESOME Eric!!! As usual!!
                  Randy44

Thanks, Eric. This has been an invaluable tool for me. I appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.
                    christiam

Ditto, many thanks and happy new year!!!
                        Eric, Thanks for the update. Love it. Happy New Year.
                          looks great ... Happy New Year!

2012= under-goaled

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I never thought I'd be running late for work because I pimped customized my summary page - but it was worth it. I like what you've done there and in places I can't detect with the naked eye. Nicely done and well played, sir.
                              "Un projet beau et tellement utile que l´on se doit d´accomplir." — Julien from France, donated 30 EUR [to Wikipedia] (A project so beautiful and useful it must be completed.) The sentiment is appropriate here. (Hint, hint.)
                              Wingz

Professional Noob

Whooo hoo!!!! Big grin I'm lovin' it!

Roads were made for journeys...