Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Sure, I'll share my horrible picture in the name of getting this thread back on track. before: six weeks after having baby #2, I'm carrying 170lbs on my 5ft frame: Photobucket after: said baby is 2 1/2, I'm at 110lbs, home from a 10k easy run: home from a run More than the weight coming off, I'm thankful for the confidence I've gained to know that I can run the easy six and the long 10s and 12s (and someday longer) and the discipline to get my butt out of the house at 5am to do it! Well, having size 0 jeans instead of 16s isn't bad, either.
    GREAT JOB Vix!!! Enjoy those size 0's!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ringmaster

Vixi... wowza! You rock, girl!! Cool I love what you wrote about being proud of the confidence and discipline that you now have. That's what it's truly all about....
      Thanks, Shell. I wasn't sure that came off the way I intended it. Sounded like bragging, and I didn't mean it that way. Thanks everybody else for the pats on the back. And to set the record straight . . . most of the weight was lost eating right and walking a lot of miles--my before picture was taken the day I joined Weight Watchers. I've only lost 10 pounds since I started running, though I'll admit to a lot of general tightening since I do more strength work now. Thanks again . . . who's next? I want to stop looking at those pictures of my holding my arms out like that! Ugh! MTA: 'Course I'm not doing anywhere near enough strength work to get abs like Rockenmama . . . WOW! Nice!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
      Mile by Mile

Hi there.......you were attrative to begin with....but now you are a running hottie..........good job on the bod... .....i'm trying to do it too.......have lost 10 lbs and have 20 to go...to get me where I need to be.... JohnA

Champions are made when no one is watching

Everyone - I just went thru this entire string and if this doesnt motivate you, you just cant be motivated........to all of you with the before and after pictures.....AMAZING.......This was very inspirational and I just cant wait for 5:00 to get here so I can go home and go for a run.......time to up the mileage just a little.......JohnA

Champions are made when no one is watching

This is my favourite thread on RA.
              More proof... running is life. It makes me remember when I tried to run my first mile and couldn't. Here's to sticking with it! Congratulations everyone!
                FINALLY - I actually put myself on facebook and am trying to teach myself to use it.....so i think I may be able to post my pics......they're not the greatest and please excuse my raw humor in the first one, but its the only chubby pic I have of myself. (the real fatty ones are on actual tangible pictures and I no longer have a scanner) SO here goes.... This was in Vegas in 2005 way before I even contemplated the C25K. I think I was topping out at 220ish This was about 4 weeks ago while I was on vacation. Down to 160! I wish I had some good running pics, but my husband can't seem to get the timing right as I'm flying by him!! Hope that worked....
                  Why cant I see it?? grrrrrrrrr
                  PWL

Has been

FINALLY - I actually put myself on facebook and am trying to teach myself to use it.....so i think I may be able to post my pics......they're not the greatest and please excuse my raw humor in the first one, but its the only chubby pic I have of myself. (the real fatty ones are on actual tangible pictures and I no longer have a scanner) SO here goes.... This was in Vegas in 2005 way before I even contemplated the C25K. I think I was topping out at 220ish This was about 4 weeks ago while I was on vacation. Down to 160! I wish I had some good running pics, but my husband can't seem to get the timing right as I'm flying by him!! Hope that worked....
                    Fixed that for ya. Now you can see them cewickbe. Congrats on the transformation. What the hell is that creepy animal doing to you in the first pic?

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

makin it sniff my butt - security didnt think it was so funny. what did i do wrong with the pics? so i know for next time.....thanks!
                      PWL

Has been

makin it sniff my butt - security didnt think it was so funny. what did i do wrong with the pics? so i know for next time.....thanks!
                        You linked to the page that the pics are on, not to the pics. If you right-click the picture and select "Properties", it will give you the actual location of the pic. Just cut and paste that "http://......" link and that will link to the actual pic. MTA: nice job again on the weight loss, by the way!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chrissy...wow! Are you sure those pics of of the same woman!? You were cute in the first one, but you look hot in the second one! WTG, girl! Your hard work has definitely paid off! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Chrissy! Great work! You look wonderful.

IMKY13 finish!!

Here's my before & after photo. After losing more than 85 pounds...

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

freckles

Paul you look so much younger! Great job!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.