Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Nice work Sparky!
      Great job, spark! I can relate to feeling stuck, slap. I started around 210 and have now been around the low 180s for what seems like forever. Want to eventually hit 175. I bet running longer distances will help.
      To be honest, I didn't actually change too much of my eating habits. I just ran more and more and worked up to 50-60 mile weeks. From running more I felt healthier and want to eat healthier as a result. I used no secret diet techniques and it took me 2 years to lose the weight... just lots of running in between! But I did hit many plateaus. 172, 161 seemed to be the levels that were hard to breach. It seemed that I lost ~20lbs every year, for every long distance race I did. I don't think its a coincidence. You guys can do it! Run lots (safely) and eat healthy! ...oh yeah... and post pics Smile
      theyapper

On the road again...

To be honest, I didn't actually change too much of my eating habits. I just ran more and more and worked up to 50-60 mile weeks. From running more I felt healthier and want to eat healthier as a result. I used no secret diet techniques and it took me 2 years to lose the weight... just lots of running in between! But I did hit many plateaus. 172, 161 seemed to be the levels that were hard to breach. It seemed that I lost ~20lbs every year, for every long distance race I did. I don't think its a coincidence. You guys can do it! Run lots (safely) and eat healthy! ...oh yeah... and post pics Smile
        I haven't changed eating habits much, either. Just not as much late night snacking, but mostly increasing the amount of miles I run each week. I also have dropped my 25 pounds since April, so I can't say I've plateaued yet. It just seems that way. Sorry for the thread hi-jack. Now, back to the pretty, inspirational pictures.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I've been waiting a few months till my most recent race to post these! My first race ever - Half Marathon in Victoria. Taken: October 2006 Weight: 174 lbs (heaviest ever was 187lbs but I don't have photo's) Finishing Time: 1:38:00 Royal Victoria Marathon Taken: October 12, 2008 Weight: 152 lbs. Finishing Time: 3:06:00
          Great work, you can definitely see the difference. Not only did you lose the weight in 2 years, but you also averaged 5 minutes faster per half marathon in the longer race than you did a couple years ago. That's pretty sweet.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

congratulations to all of you, this is the best thread ever. Just so inspiring.
            redleaf

Thanks everyone - I come back here every once in a while to remind myself. You are all amazing.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

wow - you really are all AMAZING!! and the common theme seems to be how much YOUNGER everyone looks with the weight loss!! congrats and keep up the great work!! thanks for inspiring me to do better!!

denise

Flat footer

At my heaviest I was 228 lbs I now weigh around 172 lbs. Me Fat Me now

Yoda the 4-eared cat

At my heaviest I was 228 lbs I now weigh around 172 lbs. Me Fat Me now
                    Good going Dave. You must know you're in good shape when you can fearlessly wear compression shorts! Big grin

Flat footer

They are not compression shorts they're Under Armour Loose Gear Shorts. Its just how the picture looks. But it was so cold and windy out that day I wish I had my tights on. Cool
                        Looks like you got a haircut, gumhead. You still into r/c aircraft?

Vim

wowza! Great job!!

Flat footer

You still into r/c aircraft?
                            Yes! My two addictions building/flying RC aircraft and running....

Another Passion

Good stuff Sparky and Dave!

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

That's awesome gumhead, you look sooo much younger! (Not that you looked old in the other pic lol). Congrats!