Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

On my good days.
    On your good days? So it's a 7 marathon a week pace now?
      First 10k (2004) - First 1/2 Ironman (2008)
      Dude, way to drink the KoolAid. AWESOME!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

This thread is filled with awesomeness.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

This thread is filled with awesomeness.
          +1

Misinformation Officer

Andrew & Cherrie--Y'all rock!

My future track stars

Me in the hospital on Mar 9 2008 after a accident at work. Me on July 4 2008 managing 6:18 pace to 2nd in my age group at the Marine Fun Run I know it's not a weight loss deal but it is a before and after
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, Scott...what happened? What an amazing comeback! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My future track stars

A co-worker and I fell 50ft down a elevator shaft while setting roof trusses with a crane. I landed face first. Were both doing well, considering.
                  pitrunner

Holy cow! That is an amazing before and after; just as merit-worthy as weight loss!
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, your run was less than 4 months after the first photo in the hospital! I'm glad you're doing OK.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Were both doing well, considering.
                        I'd say! Glad you were both OK in the long run. Phew!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, your run was less than 4 months after the first photo in the hospital! I'm glad you're doing OK.
                          Glad that you're ok too!
                            damn RocketPack dude, You look like a mid lifer in the first picture and a fit 30-ish year old in the second. Shocked 51? Seriously.

Vim

My future track stars

Thank you everyone for the support it's been a long road. For anyone struggling with their running let me tell you I've been told many times by many doctors that the shape I was in is probably why I lived. Also, when they needed some fat to block off my sinus cavity that had been crushed and led to my brain they had to go in three times through my belly button to get enough. Apparantly in the operating room many nurses raised their hands to donate. That made me feel good. Take care! Scott
                                Hey tuffonfeet - faces aren't for landing!! Wink Glad you recovered, and nice pace! Thanks Modal, I feel so much better these days.