Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

flovesparko

That day, I was fast -- I ran my first (so far only) sub-3, at Boston. I'm not that fast this year.

that's only because you run a marathon every week, just think when you decide just to run 1 or 2 a year, you will see your a new PR.

Misinformation Officer

+ 1 to infinity...wow!

Every one of you are incredible.

Just a dude.

Here is my then:

April of 2009, maybe 250 lbs:

September of 2009, probably 260ish:

Crappy Cell Phone pic of me just now... at about 185:

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Loves the outdoors

Looking great!!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Dude, "Get out of Dodge!"

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

I can't see a change.  You'll have to show a little more leg.    JK ! You look great!  Like the T, too!  You go!

still alive

Hi everyone. Two years ago I posted my before and after picture here (on page 19). I had worked over a few years to go from 300 pounds down to about 215 pounds. As we all know this is an ongoing battle and last year I found myself back in the sedentary lifestyle with out of control eating. I got back up to about 265 pounds before I recommitted myself to taking off the weight. And not just that. I decided I would start really working on building muscle and getting to my eventual goal of 185. I've made a good start.

Although I took my before picture here in January I didn't get off my butt and start working until March. This is a three month update. Yes, you can accomplish a lot in a short time.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job, Greg.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

uncontrollable

Wow!  Nice work guys - keep that lifestyle.  You deserve it.

peace

Wow!  Nice work guys - keep that lifestyle.  You deserve it.

totally off topic, but, what a nice doggie!   I 'm nuts for shepherds : - )

- Anya

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

That's Ms Squeak to you!

I'd like to brag firstly on behalf of my lovely partner, since he's not a forum junkie like me, so he wont be able to do it himself. He started running about a year after I did. I say to people that I'm sure it was because I'd come home from a run making happy noises like I'd just had a Harry-Met-Sally-In-The-Cafe moment, and that he looked at me and said "I'll have what she's having".

So, he started, and bunged his knee within a couple of weeks, due to being quite overweight and running in shoes with no support. He bounced right back into it, and got good shoes, did the first 5 or so weeks of c25k, got injured again, bounced back again, started again from scratch, did c25k again, and never looked back. Gotta love that determination. He's lost over 20kg (44pounds) to date, and since this photo has lost even more. I'm ridiculously proud of him. He tells everyone that I started him running, but I never suggested it to him - I just did my own thing, and it was all his own motivation, which is awesome. Yay!

Isn't he just gorrrgeous? Smile He did his very first race on Mother's day in May this year. Yay yay and more yay! Smile

Just a dude.

Nice job... quite the change...

Wonder if your forum junkiness will rub off on him too... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

That's Ms Squeak to you!

Then there's me Smile

and the after is more like my profile pic, as well as

(not sure why I looked so grumpy there LOL)

and

What I find most dramatic is the change in the face. Love it! Smile Feel rather proud of myself! About 10kg lost (22pound or so) for me. it doesn't look like that much in the pics, but I think I was VERY good at dodging cameras and deleting full length pics back then - I can hardly find any photos of myself, though I had a hard time finding a full length one from now too. Hehe! Smile but if you look closely at the "before" photo, that dark bit isn't shadow - it's my tummy. I think I'd hoped David's little niece would hide that bit, but I think that was too much to ask of anyone. haha! Wink

runlouierun

Nice work Monica - is that the Cascade Brewery in the background of your first piccie??