Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

1 ultra + 3 marathons in 14 days. With the back to back I managed to get  30 minutes of sleep. 1st goal Saturday was to finish. 2nd goal not to be last.Goals meet. 1st time I did not fall on a trail race. Smile

You're a machine.  Good job Mr. Clay.

tlday13

@tlday13 - keep up the great work! Your progress is impressive.

Aw shucks!  Thank you!  I had a blast at the race.  Did reasonably well, I think.. with a chip time of 35:48

There I am with the two biggest reasons I finally got my act together and started working on my health.. my son and daughter. Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Great picture tlday13; you are looking more and more fit!   Strong finish in your first 5k!

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You're looking great, Tiday!  Looks like you're feeling great, too - keep it up for the sake of those darling children, and yourself!

Before and Now

I still have about 8 lbs to lose. The picture on the left is about 10lbs under my heaviest. I lost the weight from mostly running and only started calorie restriction a month ago.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And I was still drinking big beers!

Kalsarikännit

I have to bump this.  This has to be the best thread ever on RA and we haven't had it up for a long time.  Thought it might inspire some people, and maybe we will get some new pics.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

xpost.

From: http://runitfast.com/2012/01/18/what-ive-learned-in-3-years-of-running/

She just completed 46 miles in a 12 hour timed race.

jeffdonahue

xpost.

From: http://runitfast.com/2012/01/18/what-ive-learned-in-3-years-of-running/

She just completed 46 miles in a 12 hour timed race.

Wow!!!  Just awesome.

Great job!

Go Pre!

I agree, this thread delivers. Always. Way to go everyone!

Patzer

I used to be totally out of shape.  Then I got into triathlon.  RA has been there for me since the very start of my transformation.

Me

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

Nice work!