Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Whoa...

I just read all the posts on this thread.  Did this one start today?  I don't keep track of the days when I'm on vacation.

I didn't come from Cool Running, or Runner's World.

I COME FROM HELL!

Apparently, that's where WC dude or whatever his confusing name is with the smiling beard picture is from too.

And I'm not trying to make enemies with you man cause I'm like a bad boy too.  

Oh, and I bought a lime today because I have Corona in the fridge.  Boo yah!

First impressions can be misleading - as I tried to point out in my initial post in this thread. I'm not a bad boy, but I will defend myself when attacked.  

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Meh.  Wake me up when you have a full sized Foamhenge Tongue

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9209

I love that...this is ours:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/13125

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Fixed it.  That is really special.  My kid would love that.

Tks. And ha ha, just noticed I said kinky.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tks. And ha ha, just noticed I said kinky.

Heh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Be still my heart...Carhenge!!!
            stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

15 pages...I win, I win!!!

I don't know what I win, but still....

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

15 pages...I win, I win!!!

I don't know what I win, but still....

Cookies!
                stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Cool, I like cookies.

Queen of 3rd Place

Cool, I like cookies.

And beer!

Ex runner

redleaf

And beer!

I rarely venture out but someone said beer and cookies Smile Hi new people!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Feeling the growl again

I suddenly feel like I'm reading crap on BabyCenter forums and am waiting for a bunch of people to hairflip outta here. Hang on, let me go grab another beer and some popcorn. This could get good.

Wow.  Yeah.  Kind of glad I don't have the time or stamina to wade through all this, and that I was on vacation when it went down.

Look, I was a CR refugee.  I was happy to find this site and, like some may be tempted to now, tried to re-produce some of the good things we had had there....a little too quickly.  I did not sit back and take time to understand my new community and why things were the way they were.  t makes the transition easier for everybody.

If you go to a party in a new town, it's probably a good idea to sip a beer or two back in a corner and take in the lay of the land before you rip off a lampshade and dance around with it on your head.  That may have worked where you came from but it would likely be prudent not to walk in the door already wearing it.

When CR was absorbed a lot of things stayed the same on RA....but much was never the same again, and I think the site was the better for it.  I'm sure that will happen again here...new people and perspectives will change things and we'll all be the better for it.  Frankly I'm looking forward to some new faces.  I don't think bhearn was out of line at all with the initial post.  Frankly I wish he'd addressed it to me when I joined in.

It's easy to get offended on the internet.  Uni-dimensional posts are easy to misinterpret.  Unless one really came to bicker, why not give the benefit of the doubt.  It seems most of the regulars are happy to see new arrivals but nobody wants things to digress into a bunch of bickering that comes mostly because people don't know and understand each other yet.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Dammit spaniel we are talking about food.  and beer.  and kinky foam car sculptures.  What is kinky about them I haven't figured out but enough pie and beer and I am sure I will have an epiphany

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

Dammit spaniel we are talking about food.  and beer.  and kinky foam car sculptures.  What is kinky about them I haven't figured out but enough pie and beer and I am sure I will have an epiphany

Sorry Ennay.  I must have quit reading pages before the pie and beer talk started.  I was out of the country the past week.....bad beer and NO PIE.  Sacrilidge.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

He is a good guy. But you wouldn't know. I'll tell you how we can resolve this. You can race him at Bay to Breakers. Sparkliest thong wins.

Aw, shucks. But speaking of which, today my mother in law asked to see the Bay to Brealers pics. Yeah.

Queen of 3rd Place

Aw, shucks. But speaking of which, today my mother in law asked to see the Bay to Brealers pics. Yeah.

Busted!!! Smile

Ex runner