Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

MrNamtor

I am the defacto leader of the Beginners Forum at Runners World. I can assure you that my people will comply with your culture and code of conduct.

If anyone fails to do so, please PM me, and I will have a word (or several) with the offending individual.

I'm sure that our 2 factions can coexist peacefully. Eventually, of course, I will become the leader of our united forum. I can assure you that all will be treated well under the Pax Namtor which will rule this forum for the next 100 years (you know, give or take a decade or two).

Thanks for your excellent post, OP, and thanks to all posters, both RA and RW , in advance for their cooperation.

Imminent Catastrophe

Not that I have detected.  But maybe it would help folks take the intended message with the spoonful of sugar.

Me neither. But a spoonful of sugar at mile 76 helps the medicine go down, in a most delightful way...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Friggin' nannies and chimney-sweeps!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Friggin' nannies and chimney-sweeps!

Supercalifragiliciousexpealidocious

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

MrNamtor

I guess the one thing i don't like about this site is the lack of links to live streaming of NCAA games. That was one of the really cool new features on RW I'm going to miss.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I really don't think that they were intending it this way. But this site has alot of groups for various topics and such and they just don't want certain areas getting flooded with things like the dailies or mile games. Its not our "home" and pointing a finger saying they are being mean or rude really isn't fair. They are trying to find a way for us to have what we are accustomed too without coming in hear and molesting what they have spent a lot of time in creating. Just my two cents though.

You'll fit in just fine.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Friggin' nannies

I miss my nanny.

RunJasonRun

RunJasonRun checking in.  Hey!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

xor

srl you get more childhood musicals stuck in my head than any other person I know.  It's kind of creepy

damn skippy

BexKix, Bagel Defender

RunJasonRun checking in.  Hey!

The family just keeps getting more complete!

I did not read the whole thread (yet?) but of course we were all new here once, and the culture of the site is bound to evolve over a period of time. The influx from CR was absorbed fairly smoothly and I am sure any minor frustrations will be resolved.

Welcome to all the new members.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Just adding my welcome to everyone from RW.  I don't spend much time out here in the main forums, but do hang out in the user groups. I don't think the UK RW site has been messed around with (yet), but I never really got in to them as a messageboard because they were so big and scary (I guess that's why I lurk in the groups more than out here).

Anyway.  It's good to have new faces and new wisdom(?) on here.  Hope you all enjoy your new home.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I am already enjoying RA much more than RW!

V/r,

Scott

"It is good to die for a cause, but better to live for a purpose..."

#artbydmcbride

I miss my nanny.

C'mere dear!

Runners run

Hey everyone.

Ill get my old Pic back eventually. busy day at work