Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

The Thunder

You can never keep your shirt on.  *sigh*

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

A Saucy Wench

I was just thinking the other day that if it hadn't been for the drama in the Richard/Nobby/Andy fight threads on CR (not to be confused with C-R) that I got sucked in to - I may not have stuck with running. I actually learned a thing or 2 from those threads. Not from Richard, of course.

I you said you learned something from Richard I would be backing away very very slowly.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Putter

Test

Runners run

xor

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I you said you learned something from Richard I would be backing away very very slowly.

Which is more than an ostrich can do. Maybe.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

Stop that. Please.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Stop that. Please.

Ok, how about the nonsense from Aliens when the pilot says "We're in the pipe. 5x5."  Is that a thing?

Imminent Catastrophe

Ok, how about the nonsense from Aliens when the pilot says "We're in the pipe. 5x5."  Is that a thing?

That's OK because Aliens was more realistic than Top Gun.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

That's OK because Aliens was more realistic than Top Gun.

You mean two jets (I don't know much about planes so I'll call them jets) can't fly like that with one upside down and the pilots looking at each other face to face when they're flying super fast and have been trying to kill each other?

You just ruined that movie for me.

aponi

never runs the tangents

Well I read all of this. I don't have anything useful to say I just want credit for that. Things seem to be off to a bit of a rocky start. I figure one of these days we'll all look back at this post, shuffle our feet in the dirt, laugh awkwardly, and change the subject.  

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Gotta keep your eye on that bhearn.

Especially when he's running in a sparkly thong.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You mean two jets (I don't know much about planes so I'll call them jets) can't fly like that with one upside down a...

That is what the Man wants you to believe.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

You mean two jets (I don't know much about planes so I'll call them jets) can't fly like that with one upside down and the pilots looking at each other face to face when they're flying super fast and have been trying to kill each other?

You just ruined that movie for me.

Sorry Cindy but I figured that since the movie came out in 1986 you'd be OK with that. And, yes, I am sorry to tell you that that scene was not realistic. As well as the rest of the movie. 

Have you ever seen the Movie The Final Countdown? This is a movie where the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz travels through a time warp to December 7, 1941, and is in a position to prevent the Pearl Harbor attack. That movie was far, far more realistic than Top Gun, as far as aircraft carrier operations are concerned. Seriously. 

xor

That is what the Man wants you to believe.

I didn't know Sideways Smile was a fan of the naval aviation cinema.