Thunderstorms...in Jan...in MI! (Read 611 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shocked Crazy. Guess I will wait a while to go run. I don't mind running in the rain, but not in t-storms. Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I know! Can you believe it is 60 degrees in January zoomie?!? Confused I need to change my avatar pic to a Ludington summer beach scene. Heh! I'm not complaining though, mind you! Big grin

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No, I'm not complaining...though I wish the lightning would let up. Are you guys really at 60? Originally they were calling for a high of 57 and I was looking forward to wearing a skirt, but now we're not supposed to hit much higher than high-40s, so I think capri tights are in order...maybe short sleeves, though. It's kind of crazy. 3 months ago this would have been kind of chilly! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Yep, 60! I think the high was possibly to get to 62. DW and I ran in shorts yesterday and a long sleeved t. Shorts and a regular tshirt today though. I'm sure we'll pay for this in February though.

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm sure we'll pay for this in February though.
            Remember last Feb.? Damn, that was cold. I remember last Jan. was pretty easy, too, until the very end of the month...then we paid for about the next 6 weeks! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Remember last Feb.? Damn, that was cold. I remember last Jan. was pretty easy, too, until the very end of the month...then we paid for about the next 6 weeks! Tongue
              Big grin I went down to Memphis, TN on Superbowl Sunday last year for work and was down there during the brutal cold spell we had up here. When I got back, the worst of it was done. Hehehe. No escape plans in the works this year though. Cry

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In my dreams I would spend Spring through Fall in the Great Lakes region, then Winters down South. Damn, the miles I could rack up! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eh...we're under a flood watch, too. Bah. I hope it stops pouring before sunset. I don't mind getting caught in pouring rain while running, but making myself go run for more than an hour in that is ucky. Plus I have new shoes on a UPS truck out for delivery and I have issues with wearing new shoes in muck. And pouring rain when it's 60 or warmer is fun, much below that and it's kind of unpleasant. k

~ Sarah Kay

And you guys just had snow and ice last week didn't you?
                    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Another Passion

In my dreams I would spend Spring through Fall in the Great Lakes region, then Winters down South. Damn, the miles I could rack up! Big grin k
                      This is what my parents have done since dad retired in 2000. They're currently in Alamo, Texas near Brownsville. Someday....

Rick

Another Passion

And you guys just had snow and ice last week didn't you?
                        We had a foot over in my corner of the state. I'm sure Kirsten had more over on their side of the state, Alan. Not a flake to be found now. No comments from the boob-gallery on the last sentence either, please. Roll eyes

Rick

Think Whirled Peas

Heading out right now...trying to hammer a mile w/the boys. And by hammer, I mean run a pathetically slow time, but ya gotta start somewhere. The running gods must be smiling on us though, b/c I'm in shorts and a t-shirt on Jan. 7, fer crying out loud!!!! ...... Today seems as good as any to die...

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We had a foot over in my corner of the state. I'm sure Kirsten had more over on their side of the state, Alan. Not a flake to be found now. No comments from the boob-gallery on the last sentence either, please. Roll eyes
                            Yep...and just Thurs. night I was running in some particularly cold, windy, typical Jan. weather...this is pretty crazy. It's supposed to go back to Winter in a few days, though. k

~ Sarah Kay

My coldest run this winter was last Wednesday night, -17F windchill... The warmest of the winter was on Sunday 47F, it actually got up to 57F but I ran in the morning so I could see the NFL playoffs. It was great to finally run on bare pavement/sidewalk, I've been slipping and sliding around here since Thanksgiving. Today is warmer, but rainy, and it's my day off of training. I wish it would stay warm, but I know it won't. Angry I just hope we're done with ice and snow for awhile. Roll eyes
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just hope we're done with ice and snow for awhile. Roll eyes
                                I hear that...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, though...I think we're only just getting started! Sad

~ Sarah Kay