medial knee pain--tendinitis? (Read 534 times)

Jazz hands!

Hi everyone! I'm new to RunningAhead, but used to post on CoolRunning, back before the nuclear winter over there. Anyway, the inside of my right knee hurts. It happened in November (when I'd increased my mileage and, it turned out, was wearing the wrong shoes), I took 2 weeks off, went to the doctor and he said it was tendinitis. He was not a sports doctor, doesn't run to my knowledge, and pretty much told me to ice it and take ibuprofen. Which I've sort of been doing, though I'm not sure it helps. This time it happened skiing about 3 weeks ago. I am a terrible skiier, landed on my face a lot, and did the "skiing wedge" for basically 5 hours straight. And there went my knee. The running store from which I got the (hopefully) proper shoes told me that I run funny and roll my right foot in, which stretches & stresses the tendons along the inside of my leg. So the dude there gave me stability shoes, which worked great until THE SKIING. Has anyone else in the history of the internet ever had this? Google turns up pretty much zero on the topic. Can I hurry it along by doing quad strengthening? What about biking? Can I bike without damaging myself further? Will running in my stability shoes actually hurt more, or just be sort of neutral?
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Jazz hands!

Cry
      run run run AHHHHHH run run run
      McShane

Hey, just was diagnosed with the same ailment about three weeks ago- What type of shoes do you have - stability shoes that is? I just ran today after another week off. My pain is left interior knee and is stiffness primarily. I do not ice it as it seems to get more stiff. I guess I would avoid skiing if you enjoy running. I think mine started with branch I stepped on in the dark, I am going to keep going though, TB