Run Commuting and Food (Read 1550 times)

xor

Man, he's got a set of pipes, doesn't he?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He's a toddler.  They all do.

Your child is going to have issues - - - wonderfully fantastic please let me relive my childhood again issues - - - but issues nonetheless. Smile

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

drrbradford

I hate to pass any judgement here......but I kinda will.  I am dealing with a bunch of this kind of attitude at work.  Bottom line is that some people are able to be personally accountable.  Excuses that things are too hard, not their fault, and all sorts of other bullshit.   Just do it......figure it out....try different things.....and think and behave optimistically and positively about everything.  Those of you who have called it out are right............lots of deflection of responsibility and negativity everywhere.  I hope my kids get this......

Please learn how and when to use ellipses.

Well, alrighty then...

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

mikeymike

This thread delivers.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

I'm guessing he confused this place with an informal running forum.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I'm guessing he confused this place with an informal running forum.

I apparently confused it for that too.

mikeymike

I apparently confused it for that too.

No you only pretended to.

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

so... are you a grammar doctor?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

325th place or bust!

EDIT: Why we have had 6 pages after that suggestion beats the hell out of me.

You must be new here.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

xhristopher

Don't mean to pile on here but when we tried to push you out of the nest to run your first 5K you came up with lot's of reasons why not. Nothing coming up before spring, so I found you one the next weekend in your back yard. Too far, no cash, etc... Despite this, you contribute to the beer thread talking about the fantastic craft beer you regularly enjoy. Gas money is what, 2-3 of those beers? Registration, 2-3 six packs? Most of us like good beer but some of us are drastically cutting back to trim down for Boston. That's sacrifice.

I'm only being a pain in your ass because I'd like to see you succeed and enjoy this running thing. Your at a place in your life when you could really make the most of it. The whole food, backpack thing I just don't get. It's not an abstract concept for me since I do it all the time. Despite having one in the office, I rarely bother refrigerating my lunch. Get a little freezer pack and you'll be fine. I even haul around a thermous, a nalgene bottle, and ziplock reusable bowl, clothes, etc... I don't run commute to save the environment. That's just when I can squeeze it in. I don't like the backpack but it's the price I have to pay if I want to enjoy the rest of my running even more.

When I saw my dad during Christmas we had a conversation about his job as a platoon sergeant when he was in the army. He used to run soldiers around six miles a day. They ran it forwards while he ran backwards. He cared for he soldiers but, no doubt, wouldn't have been very agreeable if you came to him with this.

Slo

When I saw my dad during Christmas we had a conversation about his job as a platoon sergeant when he was in the army. He used to run soldiers around six miles a day. They ran it forwards while he ran backwards. He cared for he soldiers but, no doubt, wouldn't have been very agreeable if you came to him with this.

That's what I love about Dads.  For me, sometimes it was enough punishment just knowing you let him down.

BTW, that was an awesome thread. Tons of good information in there.

xhristopher

That's what I love about Dads.  For me, sometimes it was enough punishment just knowing you let him down.

BTW, that was an awesome thread. Tons of good information in there.

That IS the thing about Dads. Often they've been through stuff that helps put your problems in perspective.

lvleph, I wasn't intending to sound too harsh yesterday. Let's blame it on the two hours of shoveling I did before work, a couple days of calorie restriction, and needing a late afternoon snack as my excuse. Wink