Are Insoles important to you? (Read 160 times)

FootCareDesign

Hello Runners,

I have just started to admire and get into the lifestyle of Running and the demands that the sport places on the body. I wanted to ask a simple question about the gear you wear.

Are insoles important for a runner? Have they ever fixed a problem you've had while running? If you had to say one insole was the best, which one would it be and why?

Thanks!

Are you a SuperFeet representative? LOL.

I always use the ones that come with the shoes so the answer for me is "No.  They aren't all that important to me as a runner."  Heel lifts can be good for tendonitis in the short term.

For standing or walking on one's feet all day, I think Dr. Scholls does a good job.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Outside Lane

"No.  They aren't all that important to me as a runner."

+1

See how they run...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I haven't had a need beyond what comes in my shoes from the store.

I think it's more important to have the proper shoe.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hectortrojan

Are insoles important for a runner? Have they ever fixed a problem you've had while running? If you had to say one insole was the best, which one would it be and why? 

They are not important for me.

FootCareDesign

Are you a SuperFeet representative? LOL.

I always use the ones that come with the shoes so the answer for me is "No.  They aren't all that important to me as a runner."  Heel lifts can be good for tendonitis in the short term.

For standing or walking on one's feet all day, I think Dr. Scholls does a good job.

Hahaha well I don't exactly work for superfeet per-say all of these companies rely on manufacturers in the background.

FootCareDesign

Hahha,

I have to say people will be shocked at your responses. The people who make insoles seem to think that runners, especially professional runners are really into their product. But you guys don't care at all?!

Has anyone here even tried insoles? What don't you like about them?

Hey I'm thankful for any responses. I'm just an intern.

Daydreamer1

Definitely are important to me.  Years ago I could only run 3-4 miles due to foot pain, especially in the arches. I have high arches and tend to over pronate quite bad. (My Mom had the same problem, never took care of her feet and can barely walk from fallen arches).  The local running store convinced me to try a pair of Spenco insoles. Running became a joy after that. I mostly use the Spenco but have one pair of SuperFeet.  I like the Spenco the best.

Everyone's different in what they like and need.

GinnyinPA

I have used insoles for hiking, because most hiking boots have very hard thin insoles.  I always disliked the fact that I paid a lot of money for a good boot, then had to pay more money for an insole.

For running shoes, I buy shoes that have the support and cushion that I want.  I see no reason to buy another product that will change the way the shoes feel and fit.  If I felt I wasn't getting the support I needed with the shoes, I wouldn't buy them.

For the most part, I just use the insoles that come with the shoes.

I did try Superfeet (forget which one) for some forefoot issues once, but it had the plastic on the back that really messed things up. I was going to try to find some neoprene locally, but couldn't. My shoes did fine with original insoles, esp. since the race was on mud rather than frozen ground that year. Amazing how weather changes perspectives.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                      TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

No, no need at all.

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't think insoles would work well in my Vibrams.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Aftermarket insoles that aren't designed to specs/dimensions very similar to the ones used by the OEM insoles they replace frequently wind up altering the fit of the shoe such that they introduce biomechanical interference.

No, thank you.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Half Fanatic #846

Sorry, but insoles keep falling off my feet...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Purdey

Self anointed title

Not in the least bit important.  I usually remove them after buying the shoes and run without.