Cheapest way to acquire a Garmin 305? (Read 1818 times)

That is better that what I got: Nerds.net Cost = $205 Shipping = $0 Google Checkout benefit (never to be used again) = -$10 Power Bar Rebate = -$50 Total Cost = $145 Rebate has been processed and will be sent within the next month. I have the rebate form if'n anybody needs it...
    My birthday is in November, I'm trying to convince (don't laugh at this) my husband that a Garmin would be an awesome early present for me. It might happen, especially if I tell him of this deal. Smile

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

rebate ends in November...better hurry...

2008 Philly Trifecta

I just bought one through Amazon. Total cost will be $138. Amazon Cost = $218 Shipping = $0 Sign Up for Amazon Visa (never to be used again) = -$30 Power Bar Rebate = -$50 Total Cost = $138 Smile
        Well, my Garmin 201 frizzled out on me this week after 3 years of faithful service. I'm in the midst of training for my 1st 1/2 Marathon and have become dependant/addicted to simply going down my drive and running wherever, and having the 201 track my mileage...I was bummed. Cry Thanks to Modal and all those on RA, last night I ordered the 305 with from Amazon! (my wifes early birthday gift to me- Nov 6th) Wink Wanted one since they came out, and thrilled to get it for $138! Should be here by 9/26. Mississippi- Show your husband my post and use it as "lookie-here" ammo to get yours Big grin Thanks all for the tip!!! Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
        2008 Philly Trifecta:
        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
        Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
        Philly Marathon-11/23
        "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

I got the 305 and used it for the first time today. After one use, I think I'm in love with it and I've only scrateched the surface. Just to have an idea of my pace is great!
          "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
            Mississippi-Show your husband my post and use it as "lookie-here" ammo to get yours Big grin
            I'll see what I can do! Tomorrow night we're playing cards, maybe I'll place a bet with him, and win, and a Garmin will be what I'm playing for. Big grin

Michelle

I was talking with the wife this morning, and she gave me permission to get one. At some point in the near future I'll have to actually do so...

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

derek

I was talking with the wife this morning, and she gave me permission to get one. At some point in the near future I'll have to actually do so...
                When my wife gives me permission to buy something, I would usually get it immediately....I wouldn't want to give her time to change her mind :-)

Derek

When my wife gives me permission to buy something, I would usually get it immediately....I wouldn't want to give her time to change her mind :-)
                  Great minds think alike Smile I do the same thing.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yeah, but I'm the cheap basta'd in the family, not her... While we have the money to purchase it right now (or else I wouldn't even consider it) our bills last month and this month are a bit higher due to various vehicle repairs, which means that not as much money went into savings, which is the first thing that usually gets funded from my paycheck (right now we are on one income while she is in law school) The only reason I'm considering it and able to justify the expense was when I found out that you could download maps and have it tell you where to go as you run. The rest of the features are nice and would be good to have, but that feature isn't something that you can get in another fashion very easily (especially when travelling)

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Got my rebate check in the mail!!

2008 Philly Trifecta

Ordered the Garmin 305 of Fri 9/21...guess what I got today via UPS??? WOW! Surprised Alot less clunky than my old 201! Looking forward to trying it out on my run tomorrow... Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                        2008 Philly Trifecta:
                        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                        Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                        Philly Marathon-11/23
                        "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Another Passion

Cheapest way that I've found to acquire a Garmin 305 was to steal my husbands Tongue
                          So we should steal your husband's, Pam? Is he a big guy? Can he run fast? Does he carry any weapons? Big grin

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

noakesdoc

Seen a new one on e-bay £146. That to me is top price over here in the uk. It doesn't need shipping or import duty.
                              Get it as a gift, like I did. My parents are soooo cool. Big grin

Michelle

So we should steal your husband's, Pam? Is he a big guy? Can he run fast? Does he carry any weapons? Big grin
                                LMAO! HOW did miss this. Depends on how you regard big. He can run fast when he wants too. As for a weopon No weapons. Just look for a 5"10 man around 167lbs completely bald. If you act quick he may not even notice Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson