Running in El Paso, Tx (Read 33 times)

I'll be in El paso for a few days next month. Anyone have any "must do" running routes out there?

kcam

I grew up there.  Not a whole lot of great running as far as I know.  Whenever I go back there I always run Trans Mountain road.  It's a long one (you can plan for as long as you like) but it's a lot of climbing/descending up to around 5280feet.  Beautiful views through mountain canyons with the city stretched out down below, big wide separated road with surprisingly little traffic with wide shoulder on both sides to run.  If you're so inclined there are trails that go up into the mountains off this road you could run/hike as well.  Maybe try something called McKelligan's Canyon, I've never run it but it might be a pretty good run.  Ask some locals once you get there.  Other than that I got nothin.

Here's a link to the map from the El Paso Marathon that I ran last February (it begins up at the top of Transmountain and runs down into the city).  You could start at the bottom and run up and then come back down or whatever.