I DID IT!!! (Read 1004 times)

That's awesome. Great job.
    "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

Think Whirled Peas

Hey, wanna do the Grand Rapids Marathon next year? At least 2 of us here are planning for GR to be our first full marathon in '08. I am doing a HM tomorrow, then the GR half in 5 weeks.
      Hi Kirsten! I'd love to run it next year with you. My friend who I run with at lunch most days is running it this year, a week after running the HM in Detroit with me. The only reason I wouldn't run GR w/you next year is if I end up running the full one in Detroit. I've already started planning my races for next year, and at least two of them are on your side of the state (and my hometown side as well). I have a small group of friends I've goaded into racing the Grand Haven Triathlon in July. We're talking sprint distance right now, but that may change to the olympic distance depending on how a couple guys progress with their swimming. The other race is the Seaway Festival Run, which is usually late-June. That's going to be a fun 15k, as it includes part of my old high school 3 mile run route, and also passes right by my parents' house. Thanks for the kind words and I'll talk (ok, type) to you soon! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The other race is the Seaway Festival Run, which is usually late-June. That's going to be a fun 15k, as it includes part of my old high school 3 mile run route, and also passes right by my parents' house.
        Hey, small world--my very first race was the CSR 5k...this year I did the 15. Nice race, but the miles weren't marked well, so if you have a Garmin, it's very useful. Beautiful course. Tomorrow I am doing the Old Boys' Brewhouse HM in Spring Lake. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's an amazing journey, Mike! Congrats on your accomplishments - and like others have said - brag away - you've earned it!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Holy f*ck. That's great dude...
              congratulations - fantastic story! keep it up and i hope you reach your new goal soon. good luck with your HM
                What a great story - congratulations on your achievements so far! With your discipline, you will definitely reach your long range goals. I lost 40 pounds this year, and just completed my first HM - to be at 85 and counting is just unreal. Keep us all posted on your progress!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Great job!!!! Congrats Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

Me and my gang in Breck

That is so AWESOME! Such a change of life. You've got nothing in your way but blue skies and sunshine. Keep up the good work and thanks for putting a smile on my face! Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Now that was a bath...

Fantastic!!!! Running a race with Kirsten has to be ample reward, but have a big pat on your back from the Kiwi Kookster! You rock. Claire xxx
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

War Eagle!

Amazing! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Think Whirled Peas

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Another Passion

Keep on keepin' on Mike! Great job and progress! Truly amazing! Big grin

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com