RunningAHEAD Boston Marathon Pasta Dinner (Read 173 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I've been kicking around the idea of having a pasta dinner for Boston bound RA users.  It would be one less meal for you to worry about if you're coming in from out of town.  You will also get to meet other RA users.

Mrs. eric Smile has found a potential venue across the street from the convention center.  Their function room holds 50 people.  It will be a buffet with a cash bar.  If you're traveling with family, they are welcome to attend as well.  If you plan to go with your family, please let me know because I will need an accurate head count.

Time: Saturday evening

Cost: ~$30 per person

If there is sufficient interest, I will proceed to book the venue.  I'll whip something up to collect the money.

eric Smile

Julia1971

Great idea!  I hadn't planned on coming up on Saturday because I waited too long and am spending a lot of running shoe money on my hotel for two nights.  But, now I think I will.  Thanks for organizing!

Edited to add: I could make either day.

mikeymike

nevermind. it pays to actually read the whole post.

I think my club's annual awards/h.o.f. banquet is generally that Saturday night ... so not sure.

Runners run

bhearn

Another maybe here. There's a traditional group dinner on Saturday that I never miss, but lots of the group will not be there this year, so I'm not sure what's happening.

eric :)

I thought Saturday might be better because some people might have pre-race rituals on Sunday.  If more people think Sunday's better, we can always switch.

bhearn

Oh wait. I wasn't thinking... the traditional dinner I was talking about is Sunday. So yeah, I think I can be in for Saturday. Except for the pasta part... I'm low-carb now. Is the buffet pasta only?

C-R

I would be interested in joining the fun.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

northernman

Fight The Future

Rats, my plane doesn't get in until late Saturday so I'll have to miss it. Sounds like a great time.

Oh wait. I wasn't thinking... the traditional dinner I was talking about is Sunday. So yeah, I think I can be in for Saturday. Except for the pasta part... I'm low-carb now. Is the buffet pasta only?

Hey, how long have you been low carb? Can you still run marathons?

Feeling the growl again

While I'd like to I'm probably getting in too late to join.  I'll have to re-check my plane tickets.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm also in the "not sure I can make it" crowd right now but I do think it's an excellent idea.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Def interested.

Ready, go.

I will likely be heading to Boston solo so would like the opportunity to meet some fellow RA runners.  A pasta dinner would be a great idea.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Greater Lowell holds its Hall of Fame awards dinner on Saturday night, but if it was Sunday I would put in an appearance.  I've met some of these peopleses, and the entertainment value can't be overstated.

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.