Flu (Read 150 times)

Not dead. Yet.

Anyone else dealing with the flu?

I've been out of commission since Monday with a fever averaging 102.  I kind of thought it was going to break last night and I would be able to do a short super easy run today, but I woke up this morning still with it.  Instead, I got dressed to take the dogs for a walk at least, but then I sat down and ended up falling asleep on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.  Here's hoping tomorrow is a bit better.

Damn Murphy's Law!  I haven't had the flu in several years, but I get a bad case of it when I am going strong training for my first marathon.  Oy vey!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Be kind to yourself.  The flu can morph into pneumonia.  The easier you take it now, the faster you'll recover.  Even the best case scenario may have you feeling pretty under the weather for the better part of a month.  The flu doesn't mess around.

Feel better fast!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wing

Joggaholic

I had the flu for a week, then I got a cold/allergy/something for a week, and then now I've been battling cedar allergy for a week. My running's been crap for the last month...

goofymel87

I feel your frustration! I'm training for my first marathon and got the flu last weekend. Still feeling under the weather a week later. Managed a 4 miler today. Good luck and hope you recover soon!

Not dead. Yet.

Thanks goofymel!  My fever was lower this morning so I finally managed to get out of the house and take the dogs for a walk.  Felt good and just being outside revived me a bit.  Might try for a short run later this afternoon.  Hoping to get a few short easys over the weekend and then start back in from where I left off on Tuesday.  That would only make it one complete week lost.  Fingers crossed.

I hope you get back to 100% asap too!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If what you have is truly influenza and you have not been vaccinated, it is likely you will be out of commission a minimum of 3-5 days.

Mmmmm...beer

I'm in the same boat, haven't been able to run for a week, my first marathon is in 8 weeks. Sad

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I have been sick since Wednesday I am not sure what I have.

I get worn out going up one flight of stairs.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

GarrettHnatiuk

The flu is caused by a virus. Your bones will ache, you'll feel very bad. You may have the signs of a cold, sore throat, cough. You'll be sick enough to go to bed for a few days and if you move around you will spread it to other people. It is very contagious. I have not had influenza in many years because I always go ahead and take flu shot. I barely remember it however i know I felt bad enough when I can prevent it, I wish to do just that. One time my bones hurt so bad that my Doctor actually offered me a shot of morphine. I slept for 17 hours. WOW! I never forgot that. It can be fatal for those who have poor health, weakened immune systems, etc.

There's always a fear that the virus could mutate right into a deadly sort. We are afraid the bird flu will mutate into one which spreads among humans. Like wise the h1n1 virus. Thousands died of the flu previously, even healthy people. Obtaining the flu used to be something that many people got every year. There was no method to prevent it and we just took it as a given that we would probably get it. Thankfully for modern medicine. Take advantage of it.