My get up and go... (Read 882 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...it's got up and went, left the building, AWOL. I seriously do not want to run today. I am sick to death of all the layers, the laundry (almost a full load for every run), the cold, the wind, the YakTrax, the cold and wet feet, the lack of sun, the crappy roads, the illnesses and stupid injuries, the pace bunny I lost sight of weeks ago (after having been 10 miles ahead of him pretty early in the year). Sad Usually I have a love/hate relationship with my rest days, but lately I'm living for them and dreading the running days. Meh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

...it's got up and went, left the building, AWOL. I seriously do not want to run today. I am sick to death of all the layers, the laundry (almost a full load for every run), the cold, the wind, the YakTrax, the cold and wet feet, the lack of sun, the crappy roads, the illnesses and stupid injuries, the pace bunny I lost sight of weeks ago (after having been 10 miles ahead of him pretty early in the year). Sad Usually I have a love/hate relationship with my rest days, but lately I'm living for them and dreading the running days. Meh.
      Oh, I hear you! Yesterday I wanted NOTHING to do with running, and that was after two days off (due to being too busy to run, darn kids and their sports and social lives). I should have been all ready to get out there but I had to guilt myself into it. And I don't even have the laundry issues since it's not NEARLY that cold here in PA.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guilting...that's about right. Cuddling with cats on the sofa seems SO much more appealing to me than trudging (I haven't done much "running" in weeks) for 4-5 miles today.

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Then don't run. No one is forcing you to do it. If you aren't enjoying it, then maybe you should look at why it's not fun. Take time off. It ain't going to kill you. Otherwise, HTFU.
          JakeKnight

Then don't run. No one is forcing you to do it. If you aren't enjoying it, then maybe you should look at why it's not fun. Take time off. It ain't going to kill you. Otherwise, HTFU.
            I love you, man. Oh - but if you do go run, make sure its at exactly 180 steps per minute and on an entirely organic diet. Some things are just mandatory.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Oh - but if you do go run, make sure its at exactly 180 steps per minute and on an entirely organic diet. Some things are just mandatory.
              Scout and Trent just got excited.

Michelle

Scout and Trent just got excited.
                LMAO!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kirsten, I say take some time off!! I bet before too long your itching to get back to running!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love you, man. Oh - but if you do go run, make sure its at exactly 180 steps per minute and on an entirely organic diet. Some things are just mandatory.
                    Hmmm...are Dum-dum suckers and Arby's organic? Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, I say take some time off!! I bet before too long your itching to get back to running!
                      This is the problem. I want to run...I just want to run without it being a production. The whole piling on the clothes and traction devices thing is really starting to make me nuts. No chance that this will change for at least another month. For once a treadmill is actually looking appealing. I wouldn't get wet/cold feet then, either. We have a 24/7 fitness place nearby and I'm starting to consider joining if I don't have to do a yearly contract. I'm really getting tired of HTFUing every damned time I run. k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Hmmm...are Dum-dum suckers and Arby's organic? Tongue
                        Was it a local Arby's? Then its just as good. I think. Assuming you killed the cows yourself. And didn't kill them with chemicals. A gun or an ax is okay, though. And I think you had to walk your cow to the Arby's before you killed it. If you killed it and drove it to the Arby's, it's bad. Unless you ran to the Arby's while carrying the dead non-chemically killed cow whilst maintaining exactly 180 steps per minutes. Then it's okay. Because local is the new organic, and cadence is the new MAF.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

See...I didn't do any of those things (I'm sure the bun my sandwich was on and the fried coating on my factory farmed chicken boob were from bleached, overly processed flour, too. Also had diet soda with artificial flavor and color--but no HFCS, maybe that cancels things out) and I have no clue what my cadence is. I am so unpure. Cry

~ Sarah Kay

evtish

This is the problem. I want to run...I just want to run without it being a production. The whole piling on the clothes and traction devices thing is really starting to make me nuts. No chance that this will change for at least another month. For once a treadmill is actually looking appealing. I wouldn't get wet/cold feet then, either. We have a 24/7 fitness place nearby and I'm starting to consider joining if I don't have to do a yearly contract. I'm really getting tired of HTFUing every damned time I run. k
                            It is a major PITA getting all that stuff on. I love running on the treadmill at my gym, I get to watch a full episode of "Who wants to be a millioniare". Downside is it's wicked HOT and I sweat like mad.
                              I'd go give the treadmill a shot. It's definitely better than not running at all. Like someone else said, if you can get some good music or a tv show, the treadmill is not that bad. I don't see how you cold weather guys do it. I ran all winter with no more than long sleeves and hat/gloves. Of course we pay for it in the summer.
                              obsessor

this morning it was -14"F. I woke up and said, "this sucks, I'm sick of this, and I'm not running today. The treadmill sucks. Running sucks." But then, I'll probably go to the "y" on my way home anyway. I might run outside, though, because it's 4 out there now. And the TM really does suck after a while. Do what you want to do, and make peace with yourself. What is "meh?"