Another Vista Sidebar Gadget (Read 851 times)

BMenees

I wrote another RunningAhead gadget for Windows Vista's Sidebar. RunningAhead Stats I had been using joeostrander's gadget, but I wanted a couple of enhancements. I've written a few other gadgets, so rather than ask and wait for enhancements, I just wrote a new one myself. My gadget has the following features: - Displays distance totals, latest workouts, or PRs - Has a "View Log" link to open the current log summary in a browser - Can show multiple logs and/or stat types by using multiple gadget instances * - Clicking the workout links actually works when "Latest Workouts" stats are displayed ** - Title can be customized, which is nice when showing multiple logs - Rounded corners, so you're less likely to cut yourself. Wink Here's an image of four separate instances of the gadget in my sidebar. This way I can view my stats and workouts while also getting in a little log stalking. Info for the programmers among us: * I'm using the Gadget API for storing settings rather than using fixed locations in the registry. ** I'm not using body.onclick for "Refresh", so I'm not eating the clicks for the "Latest Workout" links.
    MojoJojo

looks great Bill, much more professional. I better go fix my links now Smile ps... in case you're wondering, I used the reg to store data so that if you remove the gadget you won't have to re-enter user settings... quick & dirty Smile
        Now thats cool -- but how does someone me get it on my Vista Laptop???

Champions are made when no one is watching

...listen to the thunder

My gadget stopped working this afternoon.  Anyone else still use this? And if you do, is it still working for you?

Run, Eat, Repeat.