Another dumb ? (Read 891 times)

I'm taking 2 complete days off between now and Sunday (marathon). Would 2 days consecutive be better or take alternate days. Wed and Friday off or THursday and Friday ( will only be running between 2-3 miles on Saturday)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Depends on you. More than two days at a time, it becomes more difficult to start back up for me.
        Depends on you. More than two days at a time, it becomes more difficult to start back up for me.
        Well I didn't say I would be taking Saturday off or today off if I took thurs and friday off Roll eyes

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Pam, with the mileage base that you have, you could probably run a few easy miles each day (3-5) and be fine. In fact, your body is used to running every day, so taking a couple of days off in a row may actually throw it for a loop. Go easy, get some blood moving, keep the muscles loose and enjoy this autumn weather.
            Pam, with the mileage base that you have, you could probably run a few easy miles each day (3-5) and be fine. In fact, your body is used to running every day, so taking a couple of days off in a row may actually throw it for a loop. Go easy, get some blood moving, keep the muscles loose and enjoy this autumn weather.
            THANK YOU BOB!!! I think I'm going to go out and get in a nice EASY run. Smell the roses kind of run.

Go easy, get some blood moving, keep the muscles loose and enjoy this autumn weather.
              Yeah, what he said. And kick ass on Sunday!

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

btb1490

And kick ass on Sunday!
                Oh yeah, and what he said too! Smile
                  Thanks! And I PLAN ON IT!!

You'll ruin your knees!

Thanks! And I PLAN ON IT!!
                    Pam, I tend to agree with Bob, keep the legs movin'. Best of luck on Sunday... and when it hurts... HTFU and speed up! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Pam, I tend to agree with Bob, keep the legs movin'. Best of luck on Sunday... and when it hurts... HTFU and speed up! Lynn B
                      See I need a sign around mile 23 that says HTFU!!! Anyways thanks Lynn! I guess I was kind of wanting "permission" to run Embarrassed My legs are so used to running each morning, they are itching to go out before I'm ready to get out of bed Confused

Another Passion

Have an awesome race Sunday, Pam!

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Sunday (marathon).
                          Didn't you just run a marathon Wow, woman! Surprised Shocked modal (who needs to get offf RA and run)

Vim

Have an awesome race Sunday, Pam!
                            Thanks Rick!!

Didn't you just run a marathon Wow, woman! Surprised Shocked modal (who needs to get offf RA and run)
                              Yep (Sep9th). And if everything goes well with the marathon this Sunday, my next one will be Nov 18th Big grin

Yep (Sep9th). And if everything goes well with the marathon this Sunday, my next one will be Nov 18th Big grin
                                Monkey?