Pre-Dawn Patrol Week of 31 December 2007 (Read 591 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I thought we'd give a weekly thread a chance, we can always go back to a daily if we don't like this. No run for me today. I did get in a 19 miler yesterday, nice long slow steady miles keeping HR in the aerobic zone.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice job yesterday Kevin!! I hit my 1,000 miles for the year Saturday morning. I'm trying to find the energy for a run yet this morning. My Wii game is calling me though . . . . along with my daughter. You really get some excercise playing it - my arms are sore from boxing my DD's Boyfriend yesterday. He won. Sad Hopefully I'll have a run to report soon. If not Happy Last Day of 2007!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wanderingoutlaw

Happy New Years Eve, PDPers! Not much running for me over the past two weeks--only one 4 mile run during our holiday trip to Texas. No run today as I'm recovering from driving the past two days, especially yesterday's stressful 9 hour drive in the rain. Kevin Nice long run yesterday. Enjoy your rest this New Years Eve. Mary Glad to see you found the thread over the holidays. Congratulations on reaching 1000 miles this year! Enjoy the Wii gaming Big grin

John

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Out for 3.3 miles this morning. My 305 is finally working correctly which makes me happy! 1003.3 miles for the year - PR of 266.4 miles. Have a fun, happy and safe night everyone!! I'll most likely be asleep by 10! Sleepy ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good Morning Gang, Kevin - Great run yesterday and enjoy your rest. Mary - Great run and Wii playing. I friend of ours has one and wow it does kick the butt. John - Enjoy the rest. Driving will take it out of ya. No run for me this morning. I opted to go to Burke Lake w/ the girls and walk the trail so I did 5.5 miles of walking in an 1 45 min. The girls were happy of course they have had a bath and are past out on the couch in their blankies. Might have to join them. Wink Happy New Year All!!
            Happy Running,
            Troy
            "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Mary I'm glad your 305 is working out for you, I absolutely love mine! John Enjoy your rest Troy nice walk with the Girls. Do you live near there now? I am over at South Run Rec Center most Wednesday evenings. DS practices at the turf field and I usually get in a quick run, sometimes over to the lake. I end4ed up getting in a 21.25 mile easy bike ride n my new Felt S22 Tri bike, man that thing is zippy Cool Edited to add a note to Troy If you are up for a late morning 5 miler The Reston Runners have our annual New Year Run/Walk at the Reston Town Center- Fountain Sq - 11am - Happy New Year! - Tuxs or birthday suits are permitted. Calling all Polar Bears........

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.

wanderingoutlaw

Happy New Year, everyone Out for my first run in nine days. 4.4 miles in 43F weather. Slow, but felt good. December was a horrible month as far as running--my lowest mileage month on 2007. I missed running 1400 miles in 2007 by less than 10 miles! So I'll be rebuilding a base of some sort, even though I don't have a goal race til the fall. Kevin Enjoy your New Years run with the Reston Runners.

John

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi John, Good job starting off the New Year right! Here are my year totals: 2007 Totals: Running Distance 1703.65 miles Time: 227:04:15 (HH:MM:SS) avg pace 9:33 m/mi Biking Distance 1093.95 miles Time 73:23:58 (HH:MM:SS) Avg speed 14:9 mph Swimming Distance 46.53 miles Time: 24:50:28 (HH:MM:SS) avg pace 32:02 m/mi 2008 totals Running 0 Biking 0 Swimming 0 But that's all about to change Wink

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.

Kevin - Great runs and mileage for '07. You are my idol. I live just off of FFC Pkwy and Rolling Rd in Saratoga Square. Sorry, just got your note.....don't think I'd have made it though. Wedding Anniversary last night and a little to much partying. Didn't get in until the wee hours of the morning. Ugh!! John - Great run to you also. Have a Great start to a Wonderful New Year.
                    Happy Running,
                    Troy

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Troy I know right where your at, not far from the 7100 bike path and even better the Cross County Connector (CCT) trail is in your back yard! We should run that together, I have run other parts of that trail but not the section where you live. The section from the Parkway to end at Wadebrook Terrace and Rolling road is 3.2 miles. Edited to add that I did not run this morning (1/2/08), I am scheduled for weight training today during lunch.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                      Ride 112 miles.
                      Run 26.2 miles.

Kevin - I'd love too. BTW, you are much faster than me right now. I'm trying to get my groove and stamina back.
                        Happy Running,
                        Troy

wanderingoutlaw

4.4 miles (52:15) in 25F degrees--took me at least half of the route to feel somewhat warm. I'm glad this cold spell will only last a couple of days.

John

John - Great run to you in cool temps. I got up and went out the door, decide I was a wimp cause it was coooollllddd so back in the house for a 15 mile bike ride. Have a Great Day!!
                            Happy Running,
                            Troy

Happy Thursday everyone. I put in a nice easy 7 miles this morning. That 16° weather gets you going! Have a great day all.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

John nice job in the cold temps, hopefully this cold spell will be short. Troy Nice job on the bike, do you have a stationary bike or a cross trainer? Raymond Welcome to the thread, Nice 7 miles for you this morning, 16°, so far the coldest run reported. No run for me this moring, I ran last night from south run and half of Burke lake park for a total of 6 miles. sun was setting on the way out and it got a bit dark on the return. Luckily my Mom gave me a LL Bean headlamp for Christmas and it worked very nicely in those dark woods Cool I have an appt with a Physical therapist during lunch today to see why my left side is always more sore than my right and is more prone to ITB issues and runners knee. Hopfully we can figure this out.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                                Ride 112 miles.
                                Run 26.2 miles.