running shorts with pockets (Read 1845 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My phone is about 2.5" x 5" though which seems to preclude all of these 3"x4" pockets i've been seeing!

Sounds like you have a Droid X, as I do.  Awesome phone, but pretty much uncarryable while running, I've decided.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do any of you have shorts with a pocket in the middle of the back - a butt pocket, you could say?  That's great when running because I'm never bothered by the stuff there - there's practically no bounce.

tomatolover

Are you looking at just compression shorts or any shorts?

There's RaceReadys of course, which are just crazy with pockets - I heard them called "snack-ass shorts" once, which is pretty awesome. They're ugly, but I love them when I need to carry multiple items.

Craft also makes a less ugly pair of shorts with a small zipper pocket it in the back that I also like.

Someday I'm just going to get rid of all my shorts that don't have pockets. I rarely go on runs without cash or a credit card and my phone.

Erica;

I gotta thank you for the suggestion to look at Raceready...as per your suggetion, i went to the site and ordered a pair...these truly are the holy grail of pocketed running shorts.  Loved the other stuff as well & got my order within 48 hours.  Good site & i'll be back.

Thanks for the tip

sluggo

John

Yep, I was going to suggest an armband too. I have an Armpocket one. It can hold a phone, keys, id, money, etc. It's pretty comfortable. I did have one chafing incident so I use Body Glide first but for the most part I don't notice it.

Does the armpocket version keep an iPod dry? I killed my iPod by sweating all over it. So I've been going without for years now.

John
          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Does the armpocket version keep an iPod dry? I killed my iPod by sweating all over it. So I've been going without for years now.

I think it could handle sweat fine. I wouldn't take it out in rain though.

Basically... run!

I started running with my phone a while back and have been keeping an eye out for pockets with zippers on running shorts.  So far I have these shorts from Road Runner Sports with two nice big zippered side pockets, and this cheap pair from J.C. Penny with one zippered side pocket.  

Lulu lemon sells shorts with the zipper pocket over the butt. Just not sure if it is quite large enough?

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Craig

My favorite running shorts are New Balance.  I believe they are the Tempo and this would be the women’s version.  They are very light and comfortable with big side seam pockets that are not really noticeable if you don’t use them.  I frequently carry id, cards, cash, gels, etc. comfortably.  The pockets are big enough for a phone, but are not snug and I’m not sure you would want to carry it there. They also have an interior key pocket, but my key pockets have holes after years of use.

There are also other New Balance shorts with other types of pockets.