Why I'm going to run again tomorrow. (Read 1072 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Come run with me in our sideways snow! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Come run with me in our sideways snow! Tongue k
      Roll eyes Go. Run. And for the record: it was 16 degrees this morning, gusts of almost 30 mph, a windchill of I-don't-wanna-know, and - yep - we even got a little snow, and it was even blowing sideways. In other words - beautiful. Good times. (Except I overdressed and was drenched in sweat by the time I got back). The only thing missing from my seven miles was a foot of Michigan snow. I'm jealous.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin Actually, I was fully intending to go, even with the bad weather, but my cold is holding me back a bit. My head has been stuffing up a bit at night, making me breathe through my mouth all night and giving me a wicked sore throat that running in the cold seems to aggravate more. So I figured running today might not help the cold any. And the next two days are supposed to be warmer and less windy, so I will try to get out both tomorrow and Sat, instead. k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Can I point out it's summer here Evil grin
        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Can I point out it's summer here Evil grin
            Kirsten - want me to hold her for you? Angry Angry Angry

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten - want me to hold her for you? Angry Angry Angry
              Nah...just wait 6 months and we can laugh when the kiwis get theirs! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Nah...just wait 6 months and we can laugh when the kiwis get theirs! Tongue k
                Don't hold your breath. Visited Auckland last July and the weather was around 65 F, occasional showers and lots of sun in between. I was told that maybe it was a bit on the warm side but otherwise pretty normal. Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's it...I'm moving! NZ is such a beatiful place AND it sounds like they have perfect weather, too! Just got out of the shower. BEAUTIFUL morning for a run. About 24ยบ with blue skies and bright sun...a little breezy at times, but not bad. BUT the footing was not so fun. I haven't yet mapped and logged my run, but I think I maybe only went around 5 miles in an hour (I'm guessing 11:30-12 minute pace). A lot of the roadways were covered with hard-packed snow, which was almost as slippery as ice...other areas were this looser, granular stuff that felt a LOT like sand underfoot. Whew, what a lot of work. On the upside, my new shoes fit as great as the old ones--just a bit stiffer, snugger, and cushy-er. My achey spots seemed to complain a good deal less, though it is hard to tell, since my gait and posture are so different when running on snowy stuff. The true test will be once I am on pavement, again (hopefully the roads will be a bit clearer for my run tomorrow). k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Clowning around Last year was pretty harsh for us. We even got a couple of frosts and the kids were so excited they tried to build snowmen. Actually, you will be able to laugh at me come the next Kiwi winter, because the people here forgot to include heating in their houses. We have one open fire to heat my entire house and whilst temperatures don't plummet really low - i'm telling you it gets cold enough to cry about the lack of warmth here. You can actually see your breath in my kitchen on a bad day in winter. My house here is sooooo much colder here than my home in London was. Seriuosly though, I hope that your weather improves. It's pretty crap that its messing with your running. I'd post you some sunshine if I could! Claire xxx
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd post you some sunshine if I could! Claire xxx
                      Hey, we got some today! Yesterday was sunny, too...now, if the cold would just let up enough to let the snow melt. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The roads were mostly clear today and what snow there was was softer and sticky--not too much slippery stuff. And now my bars are skinny, again (now, if only my butt would follow suit). Woot, it's a good day (a little blustery, but the sun is shining and it's above freezing)! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay