60 Miles/Week (Read 773 times)

Lane

Hey everybody! I just did my first 60-mile week of my life. I'm training for my first marathon in October, and am building up to 80 mpw. I'm feeling really good about being able to put that much mileage in, based on how this week went. I also did the second longest run in my entire life, and all the runs were done at sub-8:00/mile pace. I feel really strong, and can't wait to run the marathon.
    stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Dayum! Great job!! Big grin

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Wow!! Great job!

A Saucy Wench

holy moly!!! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

nice job... ...---clears throat---- actually back in august of 2007 you did 63.2 miles ... so this is the second time you cleared 60 in a week. ... Wink
            Lane

nice job... ...---clears throat---- actually back in august of 2007 you did 63.2 miles ... so this is the second time you cleared 60 in a week. ... Wink
              I don't use the standard week. For me, the first day of the week is Sunday, so what I meant is that it is the first time that I have ever cleared 60 in one Sunday-Saturday period. There have been 7-day periods when I have run over 70 miles, due to having two long runs in that time, but to me, that doesn't count as having done 70 miles in a week, since the other days in those weeks would have been far less. You were probably looking at Aug 6-12, while my log indicates that the weeks are Aug 5-11, and Aug 12-18. That leads me to a question... what day do most people start their weeks on?
              CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work on your run! I'm a Sunday to Saturday tracker too. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

A Saucy Wench

I used to track starting on Sunday because that was the only way the Garmin software could handle it and coolrunning I think let me pick. Plus I liked starting my week with my long run. But now I have conformed to the peer pressure of Monday - Sunday. Actually this works better for me now because I sometimes have to do my longrun on saturday instead of sunday and this way my weeks are more consistant.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7